What's The Basic Vibe of Jehovah's Witnesses These Days?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

Well, “minimus,” with this 100-year anniversary of the supposed “kingdom rule” (quite a kingdom!), many JWs will be on a little bit of a high, largely thanks to the current WTS propaganda, but as this current centenarian milestone passes, the “reset” button will be pressed in the minds of most of the folks, only to await the next little “motivation” which happens to come along down the corporate pike.

• millie210
    millie210

To me the sheep seem restless and circling the enclosure.

Some are temporarily hyped on the RCs but there seems to be a sense of confusion but hiding it among most.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Preaching the good news is one thing but distributing tracts to promote the website JW.ORG is another thing. The WT, by promoting its website, is opening its doors to further vulnerabilities. What would prevent new interested persons from not checking the other websites about Jehovah's Witnesses? Just go to Google and you will find on page 1 sites that are damaging vs. the JWs.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Clueless is right, Magnum. You can see them turning their facebook profile pictures to blue "jw.org" squares. Their instagram photos are tagged with stuff like #paradiseiscoming. I think they believe Armageddon will occur in October.

Can't wait for November. :)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We will see in a few years when people go to that web site and then start researching many of the topics. If it is legitimate, they would find information to back up their positions and believe that it is a sound, if flawed, platform. It would be similar to going to silver price.org to look up silver prices, going around to verify that the dollar is doomed, and then going back there (or elsewhere) to buy gold and silver to protect themselves from the dollar becoming toilet paper.

On the other hand, if there are too many blatant problems, they will go there and realize that it is a scam. That would be similar to going to the silver price site, then finding out that the currency is already backed with gold and is in danger of becoming scarce, and then realizing that they are charging more than double what the free market would be for those metals anyways. People would realize that the whole thing is bad, not just a sound program with a few problems.

I believe the washtowel site fits the "bad program" more than "sound program with a few problems". They encourage people to give up their material wealth--I have listened to a few of the audios, read a few of the articles, watched a few of the videos (and removed a few of the worms from my computer afterwards). For instance, the washtowel study for the end of the year encourages people to not put "large blocks of time" (whatever that means) into improving one's financial standing or into investments. It also encourages endless waiting for promises that will never be realized. Other audio and video clips have encouraged people to cut way back on their work now so they can pious-sneer, and donate whatever little they have into the Worldwide Damnation Fund.

Then I look to cross-reference things. I find that we are headed for a financial collapse--when your dollars are loaned out at interest by those who created them, we cannot possibly avoid hyperinflation. I also look at astrology--and, believe me, the leaders of the washtowel use astrology as well. With Saturn going into Sagittarius (besides being good for cults), the dollar is at high risk. Neptune headed for 9 Pisces is a death blow, and that will first happen right after tax day. Do you think the washtowel wants people to prepare for that? If not for that they want damnation and not just wealth, they would rather people work and invest in assets that will survive hyperinflation, then use those assets during the hyperinflation and pious-sneer at that time when work is a waste of time. Rather, they want people to do the opposite of what they really should be doing.

Given enough people in the field doing this extra research (I hope they have antivirus), I think the site is going to be a bust. No one is going into the cancer just because of this site as long as they can cross-reference things. As long as they can cross-reference the advice they get, they are going to realize the whole religion is a bad program, not just having a few problems (even silver investment has a few problems). Ultimately, the whole thing will serve nothing more than to waste people's final chance to relax, and get people to cut back on needed income and pious-sneer, being too busy wasting time to cross-reference and do something--anything--to prepare for the real crisis.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

They don't have vibes. They have HOLY SPIRIT.

(Whatever the f**k that means.)

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Treadmill. Keep moving, keep smiling - inside is pain.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't get to see many JWs now bout those I do look worn out. I dunno about 'vibe', more like just another day at the office.

If the R&F got the 'vibe' they wouldn't need constantly reminding of it at the meetings where some sweaty obese elder fakes enthusiasm.

Laughable.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I get the impression online that there is an increased vibe of excitement. 100 years, wars and stare of the art website. The 100 year Mark was always key in many JW minds. Once that is past, it will become an issue. They need to invent themselves, starting now, and start to be a religion that is about family culture and community. End time doctrine needs to be slipped under the carpet, or they become irrelevant. More Footloose on Kingdom Hall stages.

• bigmac
    bigmac

Dumbesticated

ha ha ha ha---thats brilliant. took a few seconds to sink in.---then i had to say it out loud ( ignore the B )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit