What's The Basic Vibe of Jehovah's Witnesses These Days?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

1914: End of this system of things begins

2014 JW.org promotion begins

2017 Wallkill compound opens

The story that should have ended by now, hasn't. Be brave you Witnesses: Now is the time for you to Awake!

• factfinder
    factfinder

I wonder what they have planned for next year? As has been mentioned, what happens after all of the excitement about the Kingdom ruling for 100 years dies down?

What can they come up with to make 2015 "exciting"?

• minimus
    minimus

Cruise control.....

• vendetta
    vendetta

demoralized!!! most new ones live double life and the few "old Guard" left are treated like crap

• minimus
    minimus

I like the idea of a double life. Many JWs have perfected that.

• no lies please
    no lies please

A recent conversation I overheard is telling. A non-JW was asking a JW about how they enjoyed their convention during the previous weekend. The JW said it was very tiring. "You don't realize how sitting for three days can wear you out." That was it. Nothing about the joy of being at the international convention. (Neither of them was aware that of my JW history.)

• NoMoreHustle
    NoMoreHustle

I would say DELUSIONAL! They seem to feel like they are really involved in something so great & meaningful. But at the end of the day it's just a WASTE OF TIME!

• kaik
    kaik

Do not talk to apostates.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“WTWizard" has a good point regarding people’s propensity to “cross-reference things.” This, in the end, will be the significant deciding factor, regardless of whatever vibes are attempted to be pushed down the pike from the WTS pedestal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit