Volunteering.

by Jeannette 27 Replies latest social physical

• zeb
    zeb

well done Jeanette.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

How wonderful. I have found that when you give of your time / money to "wordly" places they are so much more grateful and appreciative that the witnesses ever were.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Xanthippe wrote, "All I got for pioneering for 10 years was a demand letter to give my discount literature back when I stopped! Charming."

You have got to be kidding, right? I understood that they were tight and greedy by that's extreme so.

Imminent1975, it's quite true. I remember opening the letter, realising it was from the society and scouring it for a single line of gratitude for my hard work. Not a word! I had to stop pioneering because I was so exhausted and ill so I remember needing some encouragement that I had done well, but I didn't get any. Never mind it was another nail in the coffin of my WTS beliefs. We left a couple of years after that.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Nice, I went to a friend's non denominational church a couple of times and they too were giving money to help people in the community as well as starting a addiction help center. This helped to confirm to me how the Borg lies.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Nice. I've been spending a lot of time doing volunteer work for animal welfare. The return I've received from many precious animals is far more than I ever got from JWs.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

How true.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Jeannette-It is interesting that a 'worldly' organization feels the need to justify and prove where the money goes, but 'God's" organization doesn't feel the need to give an accounting...yet in the bible, things were accounted for in temple service...all those shekels of gold and silver and copper were accounted for.

It must have made you feel good to be appreciated and acknowledged.

• Paris
    Paris

I've been volunteering for Watchtower for 40 years and all I got from them was a couple of attempts to kick my derrierre. Jeannette

I am sorry - but this statement made me burst out laughing. Its so true.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Of course their was a time period , about ten years I beleive , 1990-2000 , where jehovahs witnesses praised volunteering in the United nations as NGO`s and published an article or two to in the "Awake" magazine to prove it.

smiddy

• snakeface
    snakeface

That's great! And you DESERVE to be thanked! Unlike the cult where they teach you think, "We are good-for-nothing sleaves; what we are doing is what we ought to have done."

You will find "worldy" (i.e., "normal") people to be loving and appreciative of you. They will respect you and treat you with dignity and build you up rather than tear you down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit