New video telling the R&F to be generous

by Splash 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash
    Thanks for the link bandit
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    My experience with Witnesses far and wide is that they ARE some of the cheapest, stingiest people.

Tell me about it.

Ever been to a restaurant with more than 5 other J-dubs? We now avoid going to large group dinners with JWs. Every single time the bill comes up wayyyy short. Funnily enough, whenever we go to dinner with our non-JW friends, the exact opposite happens and either there's too much money "in the pot" or someone decides to just buy dinner for the table.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    respectful_observer
    Had the same experience all the time, "non-believers" are generally far more generous from what I have seen in 35 years on this rock.
    Never hire a witness and never go out to dinner with one unless you already have decided to just pay for dinner (which is what i usually do to avoid the above situation, just pick up the whole tab to not have this ugly display ruin the fun).
  • never a jw
    never a jw

JW's being cheap? Not my experience. They are a cross section of the population, especially those in the lower income range. They are not better or worse than non-JW's. The only point I can derive from my experience is that the ORG can not produce more generous human beings. After the indoctrination, those with a good heart remain so, and the stingy ones remain so too.

If they are cheap, it may be because the ORG already squeezed so much out of them, and there's little left to pay for the restaurant that may be above their affordability range.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit