United Nations churches.

by Ignoranceisbliss 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

It must of been around 1992. I remember all the chatter among local wirnesses was about how the United Nations was setting up there own churches around the world. It seems like there was even a newspaper article to back this up. It was obvious that this is how governments would finally turn on religion. This scarred me to death. It was clear that the great tribulation was just around the corner! Im not sure if this was just in my area or all over the U.S. I think that it came from someone's relative who was at bethel.

Something else that that horendously frightened me was when news came that the type of bird described in the bible as eating all the dead bodies after Armageddon was miraculously multiplying in numbers really fast. It was clear that jehovah was behind this to get them ready for there feeding frenzy. That's some scary stuff to a 13 year old with a guilty conscience.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I remember the bird story. I even thought the reason we had so many bugs was to give all the new birds something to eat in the meantime.

i never heard the un church story.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

I was trapped when they described the declaration of international year of peace (1986) as the fulfillment of Bible prophecy of "Peace and Security cry" (1 Thess 5:3)

• smiddy
    smiddy

The bird story was doing the rounds in the 1960`s as I remember , vultures/buzzards and the like .

smiddy

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Some things never change. The poster Faithful Witness spoke of a JW at her Bible study who was repeating the meme about increasing carrion birds this year.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The only "churcH" I know is the interfaith chapel at the main UN building in NY. Many interfaith or no faith couples decide to marry there. A close friend was an international civil servant for the UN. He would tell me of the various coalitions that existed. Language is a source of friction. French was used by almost 1/3 of the countries. Within a few years, only France wanted to use French. The rest wanted American. It had little to do with English language and almost everything to do with love of Hollywood films.

My family used to go on tours. I saw no great evil. One more example of how what the Witnesses preached did not conform to real life.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I heard this too. Someone even showed some newspaper clipping, I can recall the words: "Everyone will come to know the all loving, all nourishing union God".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Where some of this insanity gets spread.

http://www.chick.com/m/home.asp

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Chick tracts were banned from the very ecumenical Anglican cathedral. The fear they spread was the factor. So I suppose more than the Witnesses are bothered by the United Nations.

• StAnn
    StAnn

jgnat, chick tracts were being digested by that woman who drowned her five children, Andrea Yates? preyed upon her with ideas of her children being demonized if they weren't perfectly under her control at all times.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit