Question about dinosaurs, prehistoric creatures, and the eventual appearance of humans.

by pronomono 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pronomono
    pronomono

So I was watching Shark Week a little while ago and I got to the episode on prehistoric sharks. They, of course, discussed Megalodon, but they also talked about other sharks that were vicious, precise hunters. Then I started thinking about other prehistoric creatures..... t-rex, raptors, etc...... all vicious animals. This got me thinking, if God is a god of love, justice, and righteousness, why were many of his first creations so violent and vicious by nature. Why did he all of a sudden wipe these creature off the earth and create a perfect paradise with non-violent animals led by a peaceful, naked man and woman.

Any thoughts? Darwin anyone??? I'm especially interested in hearing the views of faithful Christians, because I can't comprehend this from a Christian point of view. However, I can from the point of evolution. It doesn't make sense to me that such a loving god would make his first creations so violent unless Satan had a little fun in the beginning and started creating some things on his own. lol.

BTW, I promise I'm sober right now.

• sir82
    sir82

Fred Franz wrote a "Questions from Readers" on this in the 60's.

His take (which of course became the de facto WTS position): These creatures used their teeth and claws to "shred coconuts" and other "hard" vegetation.

• cofty
    cofty

It's a great question.

One of the best hominid skulls is called the Taung Child - a 3 million year old Australopithecus africanus spicimen of a three and a half year old child.

Close examination of the fossil showed tell-tale signs of talon marks in the eye sockets. Can you imagine the pain in the Pliocene as a mother watched her child being carried of by an eagle and the screams of the baby?

Theistic evolution would have us believe that a loving god passively observed millions of years of such suffering before eventually sending his son to a bunch of illiterate fishermen just 2000 years ago.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have the dubious distinction of having actually watched a few of Ken Ham's creation videos. His answers are glib, slick. They make sense if you don't look too hard, so his stuff is an easy sell for those who want to cling to an error-free bible.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

I used to be told that the earth got overgrown and god put dinosaurs to eat and trample it in preparation for Adam. This despite the fact they died out 65 million years before. It was probably a hold over from the 7,000 yr creative days idea. Even then anyone with a garden will tell you it can get overgrown in a few months! Seems like overkill to create thousands of new species cos ur a crap gardener, and then create carnivores to eat all the herbivores while they're trying to do the gardening work. A lot of my family still think dinosaurs are made up so I suppose that avoids the whole argument.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

While you see...ahem.. Sometimes various members of the swallow family would grip coconuts by the husk and transport them across the oceans. Now, occasionally one would fall into the sea. Sharks, which Jehoober created and omnivorous cleaners of the sea, "adapted" teeth to clean up the coconuts. With his infinite wisdom, Jeehoober chose to foreknow that the coconut milk, which is naturally alkaline as every credible scientist knows, would upset the balance of acidity in the ocean. That would have affected the plankton. Plankton are responsible for much of the photosythesis in the ocean.

Without plankton, the trees of the world would have been over-stressed. This would lead to low growth rate among the trees. This would have negatively impacted the printing of the Watchtower and Awake magazines BEFORE the advent of the interWeb. So, without sharks adapting to coconut disposal types, Satan could have made more people gay, because JW.Org was not invented by Anthony Morris III..yet.

I would be glad to explain why the rest of the fossil record exists at a later time. You are welcome.

DD

• cofty
    cofty

DD - brilliant!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks, Cofty! I consider your compliment a great honor.

DD

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

DD, thank you for your totally "logical" and succinct explanation. For quite some time I was leaning towards the evolutionary explanations, but now I see how terribly wrong I was. Again...thanks!

• Viviane
    Viviane

Sometimes various members of the swallow family would grip coconuts by the husk and transport them across the oceans.

It's not a matter of where the swallow grips it, it's a question of weight ratios.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit