New BOE Letter Re. Elders/MS Appointments and Deletions

by XBEHERE 37 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I don't know that it is "trickier" - a resigning elder has always been met with suspicion, and reasons have always been demanded.

The thinking is "who would give up this privilege of service voluntarily? He must be hiding a 'secret sin'!"

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Incredible. Controlling, legalistic, CULT!

So the CO is to have a full report as to why you want to quit your "voluntary", unpaid, Elder position? How about, "None of your damn business!" I swear, the freakin' brass balls that these intrusive mo'fo's display is just incredible.

WT Legal's fingerprints are all over this letter, as apparently they are being raked over the coals and writing too many cheques to their victims. Death by a thousand needles to them I say. Did I mention lately how grateful I am to have escaped this mindf*ck?

- Wing Commander

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

4. When the circuit overseer decides to appoint a brother ...

So it's now the CO that decides; what happened to Holy Spirit?

• minimus
    minimus

The fact that the Service Dept may still direct the CO shows the Society is still responsible for what is taking place!

• Londo111
    Londo111

It's funny how the term "Scriptural Qualifications" is bandied about. Most of the qualifications have no real basis in Scripture.

• sir82
    sir82

It's funny how the term "Scriptural Qualifications" is bandied about. Most of the qualifications have no real basis in Scripture.

Well, when you remember that the Watchtower carries the same, no strike that, more authority than the Bible, the term "Scriptural" applies well.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Full disclosure?? How about," I have anxiety and prayer is not helping. Leave me alone or I will kill myself in my garage. BTW, suck it. "

DD

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

This just opens it up even more for ass kissers to be appointed to positions since now all they or their relatives have to do is give a green handshake or suck some CO ass. The fact that would would still tout that these men are "scripturally" qualified is ludicrous.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“zed is dead”: “It is all about liability in legal cases.”

True. It seems that there is now a lot of awareness on the part of the WTS that it certainly needs to listen to its legal teem and cover their old butts, especially with all the new laws to make organizations more accountable and to protect the safety and integrity of the general public.

Now if it hits the fan with any lawsuits over policy as applied on an individual basis, the WTS will think that probably they can just say, “Oh, that really wasn’t our idea. I guess that Brother Circuit Overseer was kind of out on a limb there. You should go after him. Oh, and we should probably delete that Brother Circuit Overseer for misrepresenting us, just to be on the safe side.”

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

It's not as much about civil liability, as it is about criminal culpability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit