Evolution is just a theory

by venting 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So basically Joe, you are saying that those who say "Evolution is just a theory" should go jump off a cliff ?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Ha, yeah...sounds good to me.

• sporece
    sporece

Anyone that believes that man has been here on earth for only 6000 years definitely has a mental problem.

Of course i was one of them for most of my life.

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

I, sadly, used to think similarly. Losing a bunch of debates online years and years ago taught me that I needed to research more. Sadly, most of the rank and file doesn't think they can be wrong about something they want to believe so they'll never get to that point.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Evolution is "just a theory" the way O.J. is "allegedly a murderer".

There'll never be any slam-dunk evidence that'll satisfy die-hard nay-sayers, but the arguments in favor of each are pretty damn compelling to the rest of us.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The trouble is JWs are so ignorant they do not understand the difference between a "theory" and a "hypothesis".

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

"Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing." (Isaiah 40:26) What Isaiah wrote is not scientific, for stars have their natural death at some point!

If the Bible writer himself can go wrong, why not WT?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You have to watch 'nonstampcollector" on YouTube!

he has a great cartoon clip about the theory of evolution

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Evolution is a theory postulated on scientific evidence.

Creation is a theory based on ____________ .

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Creation is a theory hypothesis based on ____________ .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit