The "barf" Bethel visit

by Yadira Angelini 34 Replies latest jw friends

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Yes, yes. Every Dub should make the pilgrimage to the WT mecca.

You must take off your sandals when you walk near the holy fathers's inner sanctum. That's holy ground.

I have heard that some who even approach the door to the inner sanctum have broken into a cold sweat, fallen to the ground and had visions, rolling their eyes.

Who was telling that they now have a cardiac recuss unit on the wall there??

Ahh... the mecca

VISIT IT SOON CAUSE IT WON"T BE THERE MUCH LONGER.... just a big 'ol radioactive lake where ground-zero was.

• Schibolet
    Schibolet

Have you ever visited the Vatican?

Wow it's amazing to see how rich the Catholic church really is. It's even more amazing to realize how many have died through out the centuries thanks to that church. As much gold and riches as they hold, it is of more importance the amount of blood that's on their heads.

Babylon the Great will soon perish...

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Bluesapphire, bad girl! what are you doing there in a pic? Love, mom.

• Solace
    Solace

Blue,
    You are such a cutie!

Yadira,
    I know how you feel. My aunt is a full time missionary. She has givin up everything, even having children for the society.
    My family found out exactly who her devotion was to when my grandmother passed away. My grandfather was having a really hard time and everyone knew he couldnt manage living alone. He asked my aunt if she would consider giving up the missonary work and live with him so he wouldnt be alone but she refused. I planned on moving him into our home and adding on but he died during surgery when he refused the blood transfusion. Of course, at his funeral, my aunt said she was actually planning on staying and helping him but I think that was more her guilt talking.
    Missionaries also become very dependant on the society. The society provides them with adequate medical insurance and they give them shelter etc. Also, by having the missionaries devote all their time to the preaching work, they do not gain very much work experience so they find it virtually impossable to find employment if they ever decide to leave. They actually become very trapped by the lifestyle.
    I admire you for being able to keep from screaming when she was telling you these things. Family is so important, I would continue to pray for her.
    Take Care.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Heaven,

I almost forgot this thread.

Thanks for your input. It does serves well to know those details about your aunt. I wonder if my dear daughter will be one statistic as an old frustrated lady. I need prayers and so does she. God bless you Heaven. I should e-mail you soon.

Yadira

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit