The "barf" Bethel visit

by Yadira Angelini 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

My JW daughter came over Monday to tell me all about her visit to Bethel!

First, she said how happy she felt and so very emotional when they took them, (a group of 8) to where the "twelve Goberning Body" held their meetings. She said: "Mom, I got to see where they sit!"

I feel like telling her: "Oh yeah, I can imagine how you felt. Just the way I felt when I got to see where 'Father Guadalupe' sat".

Then she went on telling me about how they showed them the 'art deppartment', where they create the pictures for the magazines. "Mom, when they put them together, they are very careful there won't be mistakes. They need to be very accurate. For instance, if there is a picture of a certain time, even the sandals need to be from that epoc, so nobody could come up saying it is not accurate."

I thouhgt to myself: "What about all the inaccuratness on what they write?"

She saw the 'printing quarters', or whatever. She saids, "now when I read the magazines I will be more appreciative". They informed them of their cost in printing which is cheaper because everybody's volunteer time. They get $100 a month for their expenses... "but, mom! they get to live there and they feed them for free! what a privilege!"

Ah! mom! she continues: "The one who organized our tour have told us he had a surprise for us: we got to eat with 'the bethelites' families sitting on their on quarter's dinner room! There is a beautiful view they get to enjoy each time they eat!"

"Also, mom, they have a team in charge of checking printing errs; they are so super careful reviewing each word: word by word, mom!"

Yikes! I said to myself. Instead, they should read paragraph by paragraph, so they would flip over and "burf".

Folks!

She is in love....

She is in love....

Yadira

Edit: (Goberning Body), I miss spelled it.. maybe I'm still doing it, sorry.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Well.......You tell that Bluesapphire that we love her anyway!

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Oh no! Simon! of all the books, you have hooked me with Harry Potters? I do not agree at all with its reading, what a luck!

• XLovesMeNotX
    XLovesMeNotX

Werent we ALL that barfy?? There is a saying...if you go to New York City and you spend the entire weekend touring at a publishing company...chances are good you are a JW.

When a JW asks me if I have nothing better to do than spend my days bashing religion, I reply "Actually, no, I don't. I'm a PIONEER, just like you." :)

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

My daughter who visited Bethel is my JW daughter... NOT BLUESAPPHIRE!

Blue, is busy 'barfing' at her sister's visit

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Silly side point:

The DVD or book for sale that appears at the start of your thread (anyone's thread) changes every time you open the thread or when you refresh your Browser.

For example, 'Training Day' was being offered when I read your thread.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Mister Biggs, nice to meet you!

XLove, LOL

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Ditto, Yadira!
    :o)

• tdogg
    tdogg

I picture you there with your teeth chattering from trying to keep your mouth closed, your left eye twitching at each Bethel reference, and maybe fingernails digging into the palms of your clenched fists, all while smiling and nodding your head as if to say "oh now isn't that nice?"

May the Force be with you.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Yeah, it's definately love/infatuation, whatever. The way I see it, you either have it or you don't. My mom took me cross country to NY when I was a teenager: I loved it, but I felt the trip was marred by our tour of Bethel and the farm. What a privilege..., according to mom. What a bore, according to me. Otherwise the trip was exciting/wonderful.

Like I say, you either "get" the feeling, or you don't. I NEVER did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit