The "barf" Bethel visit

by Yadira Angelini 34 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

I never understood how we arent supposed to put alot of emphasis on people or their positions...but just watch a jw at Bethel... all slack-jawed and wide-eyed. They feel blessed to even eat in the same room as a Bethelite or Overseer!

Makes me remember all the times we had an overseer over for dinner. My mom would scour the house, tell us to be on our ultra-good behavior.. then, when he and his wife came in, everyone rushed to get his seat, get a drink, etc. It was like having the king and queen of England over. Everything that came out of their mouths was greeted with 'oohs' and 'aahs'.

What power! [8>]

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

• Beans
    Beans

SOUNDS LIKE A JAIL!

Beans

• saltiest
    saltiest

Just the other day I was flipping through my photo albums and found my roll from our New York trip when I was in high school. Ugh...I looked so unhappy in them. I was, of course. All I wanted to do was leave the bindery and get the hell out off of the farms so I could go back to the city to shop and well, have fun. I'm glad I made it to New York City, but what a waste those two days were on the Watchtower tour.

I'll never understand how my dad would pay for the trip out there, spend two days oogling and drooling at the Borg stuff, when he hadn't been to a meeting since I was a little girl. Shows how strong the spell can actually be.

Alicia

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Yadira Angelini,

"Also, mom, they have a team in charge of checking printing errs; they are so super careful reviewing each word: word by word, mom!"

I thought Microsoft has inexpensive software that does it quite well.
    I also hear pretty soon they will be farming most of their printing out because they can get it done a lot cheaper by worldly people that get paid lots more than JW volunteers. Go figure.

Eveything a miracle or blessing from Jehovah that the Organization does, always made me want to puke even when I was a JW and thought they were God's Org.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi Yadira,

Though I never visited Bethel or the Farm I remember the reactions of JWs who did. Back in 1978 I had given the Public Talk in a congregation about 60 miles from my own. One of the brothers had my wife and me over for dinner after the Sunday meeting. During the dinner conversation he told how he, his wife, and their two boys had visited Bethel the previous year and what a great privilege it was for his boys to be there. He went on and on as if he had visited the Vatican and had had an audience with the Holy Father.

Even though my departure from Watch Tower land was still six years away I still thought this worship of Watch Tower headquarters and printing facilities was way too much.

Athanasius

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Well I must say I do feel for your daughter. Also it must have been rough listening to it..LOL

-Rick

• greven
    greven

about that accuracy in the artwork:

there was a time that beards were a bog no-no as they were worldly.
    and taddah jezus and co was printed in artwork without a beard!!!
    can you believe it? in that time if he shaved they would not have listened as he was like them roman oppressors. so much for accuracy!

greven.

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• Angharad
    Angharad

Urgh sounds painful listening to it Yadira!

Hopefully one day she will see it for what it is

I went on a bethal visit (London branch) once -

YAWN
    - even at the time thats the only way I could honestly describe it, of course if anyone asked it was 'truly wonderful![8>]

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Sorry I didn't come earlier to respond to the thread; I do not have my juno mail working and I'm using my son in law's computer to post.

Thanks a lot to all the comments.... love you all... how about a trip to Bethel in Costa Rica? eh? I'll take you to see the ocean too! Salutations,

Yadira

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Now, a visit to Bethel that concludes with a night on the town with a former boyfriend turned Bethelite is not all that bad. Those guys know ALL the good restaurants!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit