Life in the new system

by moley 20 Replies latest jw friends

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

[Watchtower study for the week of July 28, 2014 – w14 5/15 p. 26] Par. 3 – In the Simplified Edition: “After false religion is destroyed, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be the only religious organization left on earth.”

Current world population 7.1 billion. JW is about 8 M, make up only 0.11%!

Mind you, it is less than 1%! So if all are dead, survivors will also die due to famine,contamination and plague.

what a crazy teaching. Almost fantasy.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Right. JW paradise is not going to work.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

As a JW, I never thought of this. JWs don't go through this detail, instead skip that whole idea and jump to the paradise part. Oh, and don't forget the birds that will feed on carcasses.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Oh, and don't forget the birds that will feed on carcasses.

Really? All the animals are supposed to turn vegetarian again after the Big A.

George

• millie210
    millie210

( Holy Moley ) Moley!

That was great. You are a budding Cormac McCarthy with those awesome writing skills IMO.

You make so many good points.

Interesting too what xkhanx pointed out in the July 28th study article....JWs will be the only "religious" org. left around.

What does that mean? Other organizations will be around? Other people? Starting to shift the view who will be left? Just why exactly put in that word ORG?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Why ORG? Because this is their fresh branding.

• cofty
    cofty

Very good OP.

When JWs used to talk about quick-0builds and how these skills will be used in the "new system", I used to think "yes but who is going to make the light bulbs?"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All the animals are supposed to turn vegetarian again after the Big A.

I seem to remember that carrion eaters were the exception, since there would always be carcases to clear of the natural death of animals and birds so this pic from one of the Isaiah paperback books of recent years would hold good. (except for the lions!)

That pic always creeped me out, worse than the Armageddon pics. NB I used to muse about everything that we have said in this thread, but I figured that it was a better option than having my eyeballs melt in their sockets from the plague of the big day!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

yes but look at the brightside.

Who really needs TV, Bluray, Playstation, Automobile, Planes, Designer clothes, nice restaturants, Movie Theaters, Fresh exotic food from all over the planet at the supermarket, Air conditioning, Laptops, Iphones, IPads, etc, that this current "horrible" world provides us?

What we really need is to sit in our front porch all day, scratching our nuts and watching a cheetah play with a sheep.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pams girl - "Sounds like an episode of the Walking Dead "

But with zombies as all of the characters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit