Surreal experience last night.

by objectivetruth 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Island Man
    Island Man

I'll tell you all how it goes.

You had better do that or we'll all have to shun you.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Lol @ islandman.. Go ahead and shun me I will just join , ex-exjehovahs-witness.net support group.

• backformore
    backformore

One of the happiest days I can remember was when my wife and ran into my childhood best friend when I was visiting the town I was born in. He seemed almost ashamed of himself as he told me he was no longer in. As I explained that I had left too and knew how much of a cult it was I saw him light up. the expression on his face was like back when we were kids again. I know mine was the same way. Go, enjoy it. You'll be glad that you did!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow, that's really encouraging, and it makes me wonder how many JW people I used to know have recently made the same escape from religious Colditz, aka, the borganisation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

backformore - "...As I explained that I had left too and knew how much of a cult it was I saw him light up. the expression on his face was like back when we were kids again. I know mine was the same way."

Nothing quite like tangible proof that one is not alone after all.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Wow - thanks for sharing! Great news!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Brilliant news! Dream come true, surely.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

sounds great.

How did they all know each was"out" and how did each know that they could "come out" to others???

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Fantastic news!

I think most of us would like an exprience like that.

That's going to be one hell of a reunion.

If it's anything like the time I met up with my 'apostate' friend who woke up 5 years before me, you'll all be talking over each other and have to slow down to give each other time to speak.

Enjoy your night, you lucky sod.

TF1

• kairos
    kairos

Sounds very exciting.

There are many ex-JW's in my community, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit