Surreal experience last night.

by objectivetruth 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Recently a JW friend that my Wife & I knew 3 years ago added me on Facebook, after I accepted the request she invited me to a dinner that her and her husband are holding next month.

I imagined that she was unaware of our apostasy, so I declined the invitation on the basis of not wanting to ruin Her Dinner after the rest of her Guests fled at our presence.

I'm never sure how old friends will react when I tell them that I'm no longer a JW.. Usually their response is "..... permanent-silence......"

Her response went something like this, " We are all out! Everyone that is coming is out we all look forward to seeing you guys so much" it turns out that there will be 6 people at the dinner all friends of ours from a congregation that we attended a few years back.. They have all left the Organization recently.

Pretty Crazy Experience.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow!

Go, eat, socialize, drink, celebrate!

Who'd a thunk it?

• under the radar
    under the radar

Congratulations! You've just hit the jackpot. Rediscovering old friends who have escaped the WT must be wonderful. Enjoy the dinner!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

This thread just made my day.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Wow, that is awesome.

• baltar447
    baltar447

This in fantastic!

• Londo111
  • jgnat
    jgnat

That's wonderful! And as an added bonus, the sweet fellowship of like-minded people. May there be more gatherings like this.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Thanks for sharing your good news! That's certainly encouraging.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Wow, your very own little apostafest!! I'm jealous, I want to come too lol.

Have a wonderful time and let us know how it goes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit