A thought about the convention: Anticipate Future Blessings...

by wisdomfrombelow 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

what puzzles me is If jws think they have the favor of God, then why are so many is so much trouble with health and finances and so damn depressed and so lonely

and are nothing but slaves for an earthy organization?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yeah, you would have to pry the friends' iPads from their cold, dead hands!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Whats the point in travel when there is only one language, culture,

That is a great comment BU2B, I wonder if they have all thought of that. It would still be great to visit Niagara Falls & The Grand Canyon, but I would sure miss New Orleans and the cities.

I am surprised, actually that they included such an overtly materialistic item. They must know that that they have to pull out all the stops to keep 'em motivated. The scripture that they always use is, I think subject to careful thinking, see how the two verses together read in the N I V.

Psalm 145: 15 & 16

"The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time. 16) You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."

To me, that reads more like God will give you the food and what you need for this day, as Jesus said in the Lord's Prayer

• Listener
    Listener

Pterist -

Did you not know there is no marriage or giving in marriage in the new system. You will like angels ASEXUAL.

They now realize that the new system isn't all that attractive is the resurrected aren't capable of sex so they've developed new light and now say that the resurrected will retain their original sex. They published this change just recently.

• smiddy
    smiddy

they've developed new light and now say that the resurrected will retain their original sex. ....Yeah ?

can anybody verify that ?

smiddy

• Listener
    Listener

Watchtower 14 8/15 pgs 29-30

For years, our publications have said that Jesus’ words about the resurrection and getting married likely refer to the earthly resurrection and that those resurrected to life in the new world will evidently not marry. * ( Matt. 22:29, 30; Mark 12:24, 25; Luke 20:34-36 ) While we cannot be dogmatic, is it possible that Jesus’ words refer to the heavenly resurrection ? Let us examine what Jesus said. ....

Third, if Jesus’ words about the resurrection and getting married apply to the heavenly resurrection , does this mean that those who come back in the earthly resurrection will be able to marry? God’s Word does not give a direct answer to that specific question. If Jesus was, in fact, talking about the heavenly resurrection , then his words do not shed any light on whether resurrected ones on earth will be able to marry in the new world.

Meanwhile, we know that God’s Word definitely says that death dissolves the marriage tie.

They originally stated dogmatically that those resurrected on earth would be neither male nor female, now they are saying that the scriptures they used to support this idea now apply to the heavenly resurrection.

Along with this is the video released at the Conventions title 'resurrection'. They picture the girls sister as being resurrected as a female.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Listener: the publications always depicted the resurrected ones keeping their original gender.

The only thing I remember was that the understanding was no marriage fo resurrected ones. I was always sceptical of that understanding.

• Splash
    Splash

As BluesBrother points out, that verse is from Ps 145.
    A parallel portion helps to explain it more accurately:

(Psalm 104:24, 27-28)
    24 How many your works are, O Jehovah! You have made all of them in wisdom. The earth is full of what you have made.
    27 All of them wait for you To give them their food in its season.
    28 What you give them, they gather. When you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things.

So this pertains to all creatures not just man, and it relates to their basic needs, not their materialistic wishes.

Seems to me that the demonstration at the convention has both misunderstood and misrepresented that Psalmist, and by extension (what a great phrase lol) also Jehovah.

Splash

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Listener - that's really interesting 'new light', I wasn't aware they had revised their stance it. I know a lot of JWs had a major problem with the resurrected not being able to marry. The org must have had a constant postbag of letters regarding it down the years.

It's funny when the article says the bible doesn't give an answer about the earthly resurrection. That's because there is no scripture that mentions an earthly resurrection

So as it stands the resurrected come back male and female with all their bits intact but they're unsure if they can marry and have sex? Seems quite cruel.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

My favorite scenario...

Let's say the wife of 40 years dies of cancer. She pio'd and was loved my many. Hubby an elder who bent the rules for his own benefit but seen as Good Ol Boy nice guy. Hubby remarries within a few short months.

"Armageddon"...resurrections...dead wife now back. How is she gonna deal with living forever watching her hubby with another woman?

Sure sounds like paradise...or...maybe not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit