Would You Care If You Were Disfellowshipped?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• rjharris
    rjharris

Disfellowshipment, excommunication, etc are man-made expressions and concepts, and something Christ did not teach or practice.

Concerns over whether one is no longer a part of "the organization" shows fear of "the organization." It is "the organization" that wields power, control and influence over the individual. This is what is called being "in fear of men" (and what they can do to you, namely disfellowship you). Should you care?

Rather, one should be concerned over what The Most High God can do to us: Namely, grant eternal life or eternal destruction (nonexistence). I guarantee you that God and his son are far more tolerant, forgiving, mericful and loving than any religious organization. And, that God and Christ do not burden us down with tons of rules and regulations as religious organization does. One should notice that the Watch Tower (and indeed all religious organization) love to condemn, make ultimatums, and issue threat if one does not act and join them. There is an "us versus them" mentality that exists. The "them" are who the WT labels as "worldly persons." It is almost as if they desire the demise of any who do not follow what they teach or persons who use what God gave them: a brain to think for themselves with.

Disfellowshipment is designed to indoctrinate one to be in fear of men and to enslave individuals into the concept of "an organization." The organization is hyped up as being larger than life (namely, God's Earthly Organization) and members therein are made "dependent" upon it. It becomes their "Mother" and they her children.

The organization does not have a Head as it views itself as Head over those within her. The organization has usurped what Christ is in relation to man: The Head. (1 Cor 11:3)

Thus, an anomaly - a monstrosity - exists:

God
    Christ (God his Head)
    The Organization (Has no Head)
    Man (Christ is supposed to be Head but the organization has imposed itself in between Man and his true Head and Owner)

It should be:

God
    Christ (God is his Head and Christ is mediator between man and God)
    Man (Christ is man's Head)

"The organization" should not be in the mx in any capacity. Yet, it is there and it treats that which Jesus purchased with his blood (all of mankind) as if it is their property, its Head).

So if one is DF'd count it as a blessing and a release from captivity. But have the good sense to do something with your new freedom. Do not go off the deep end; do not go off on JWs, God will deal with all false teachings and false prophets; and do not go into another religious organization as Christ is not "within" any of them but he is "without" of them.

What to do? Well, look at what is no longer in front of you: "The Organization." You will see:

God
    Christ
    YOU

Now you can approach the Father through your Master - Your Head - without an organization. How? By serious and intense prayer to the Father "through" The Master Christ. No organization is supposed to impose itself telling you that it is "only" through "association" with "The Organization" is access to the Father possible. Christ is the way, the truth and the life, not an organization.

Sadly, many are afraid to remove the cancer of "religious organization" from before them and they will remain in captivity because of that fear. Service to Christ requires not only faith, but also courage and boldness. This courage and boldness may get you labeled as an Apostate, but if you are truly free, you do not have to subscribe to Watch Tower labeling. You reject their labels. It is God and Christ who defines you, not an organization.

R. Jerome Harris
    e-Prophetic.com

• Quendi
    Quendi

When I was disfellowshipped in 2005, I was absolutely devastated. I thought the world had come to an end. Looking back on it now, it was the best thing that could have happened to me because I'm happy "like a room without a roof."

Quendi

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

i dont care about getting df'd in itself, as it is now staring me in the face since the ONE person whom i considered my best friend (i confided my feelings to him about ttatt), has decided he must tell the elders. so again, i dont care. but i DO care about my parents/grandparents feelings. so overall it would really suck based on the fact that it will hurt my family. thats my 2 cents.....

btw, does anyone know how to treat a knife wound to the back?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't really care now, except I rather enjoy the present status of Non-attender/long inactive, which means I can have a chat with old friends that I meet who are still JW's, but that would not be a great thing to lose. My JW family still talk normally about non-religious things too. But I was never really that close to them, I never really was a JW at heart, so did not relate to them.

I have a large group of non/never JW friends who mean more to me than the JW ones, or family, ever did.

The good thing about it if they tried, again, to DF me, is that I would have even more fun with them than on the last occasions. They would not find it an easy or satisfying process.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

As others mentioned, i don’t like the label. I prefer they let us go without losing our family.

So in the current situation, YES i care since there is too much on stake, family wise.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I have been out for 25 years and my JW family all seem to accept me for the heathen that I am . I've never officially da'd but I consider myself to be so after all this time, and if my family haven't got the message by now that I'm never going back they never will!

I used to live in dread of the elders coming round and asking questions which would inevitably have lead to me being df'd but I don't really care any more. In fact, I would welcome it as it would help me to feel finally free.

If that ever happens and my family suddenly start to try and shun me after all these years I will just ignore the shunning and tell them to stop being so silly! I am still the same person I have been for the past quarter of a century for crying out loud. It holds no fear over me any more!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I haven't been inside a Kingdom Hall in 14 years, and am not in contact with anyone who would shun me, so nope, couldn't care what they do.

• backformore
    backformore

one of my biggest regrets from my time as a JW who was born in is that I never got baptized which means I can't officially be disfellowshipped. Then again, I would have had to have wasted evermore time to make that happen.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The only event that might make it even noticable would the arrival of a letter telling me about.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

This thread is just pathetic.

Under what other situation would such an inane discussion need to be made?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit