for those still "in" what's the mood

by lastchance 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• lastchance
    lastchance

In my area the general sense is bleak. Many are in survival mode. Even at the convention the appearance of the majority was unhappy and tired. Even with all this "special activity" there is no excitement or enthusiasm. My friends in neighboring halls complain that the lack of love is so overwhelming. I know many here believe this organization is here to stay but from what I see and hear its just one scandal away from a massive decline.

What about your area?

• millie210
    millie210

Similar to yours.

Most everyone here skipped bits and parts of the assembly. Some skipped a day, some a session.

I remember when if you even left before the prayer - you were weak!

• toweragent
    toweragent

Wash...

Rinse...

Reapeat...

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I've heard more about young ones in their 20s going late, walking around and visiting, leaving for lunch, wandering the upper decks, then leaving early.

At least they can tell daddy elder they went, huh?

• lastchance
    lastchance

I got suckered into being an attendant at the Met life stadium. What a complete disaster. We had elderly people sitting on the floor. Some where so fustrated they said " forget this" and they went home vowing not to come back.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

From the youtube videos one would get the impression that being at the conventions was like being in Disneyland. We all know that part is seeing old friends and has nothing to do with excitment about worshiping God or learning Religious truths.

My feeling is that there is an anti-climactic feeling happening as they return to the day to day grind of meetings and service and real life in general.

It's hard to keep the fantasy alive after another assembly has come and gone and nothing has changed. This time next year it will have all faded into the past.

• lastchance
    lastchance

Your right millie210. Todays jdub nobody really cares about staying or leaving. They use the phrase "jehovah understands" as they walk out the doors

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I find that most just don't give all these changesuch thought

if guess the vast majority are in for the freindship and family, not for the "truth" about overlapping generations and 1914 or a wensite

when I hang out with JWs were all just having a good time, no one ever talks about "theocratic" stuff because nobody seems to really care

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

WALLSOFJERICHO: I find that most just don't give all these changesuch thought. [I] guess the vast majority are in for the freindship and family, not for the "truth" about overlapping generations and 1914 or a website. when I hang out with JWs were all just having a good time, no one ever talks about "theocratic" stuff because nobody seems to really care.

And I think that is a pretty good summary of most of the R&File JDubs. They no longer know doctrine nor do they care. They might as well be Catholic or Baptists or whatever other religion of their parents. It's just their "Community" of friends that they grew up with. They can give the schpiel -- all the buzzwords -- but they don't know anything about the past history of the religion nor even the present doctrine.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The general atmosphere here is one of fanatasism, extreme over righteousness, excessive judgment, a willingness to think the worst of all in the cong, and a real expectation that the "end will be here within the next two or three years"

We have some very influential personalities that have promoted such feelings here locally!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit