Did you ever actually believe the JW fantasy version of "Paradise"?

by Darth Fader The Sequel 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

Haha, Darth! Don't sweat a couple of little typos. Remember, the human race is just one little typo in God's creation. I guess if I can forgive God, I can forgive you...

heyyet, waitaminute....I don't think I can forgive God.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Maybe when we are all speaking and typing Hebrew then we will not have these embarrassing type-o's? HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

While we're on the subject of grammar, "typo" is short for "typographical error"

• stillin
    stillin

Thank you, professor Apognophos! I was speaking metaphorically about mankind being a "typo."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I know, I was directing that lightheartedly at Darth since he keeps writing "type-o's"

To try to get things back on topic, although I did believe that the paradise would happen (though perhaps not with vegetarian animals), I didn't spend much time fantasizing about it. I suppose in that sense it was never very real to me. However, I was also troubled when I would ask myself what kind of stories we would tell in the new system. I like writing, and couldn't imagine how you could have an interesting story without drama; and drama comes from conflict, violence. So if you're not 'bringing the former things to mind', and everyone in the new system gets along perfectly, how can you depict anything interesting in your story?

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Duly noted. ;-)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

As a born in I believed in a paradise earth the same as I believed the sky is blue and and grass is green. Duh.... Jehovah could and would satisfy the desire of every living thing. That worked great for me until It was brought out in some talk that there would have to be a lot of oversight after the big A by the "Princes"/Elders. After the clean up they would assign where we would live etc. Whaaaattttt??? He continued, "If you don't get along with ALL your brothers you might be in for a rude awakening. You may be assigned to live next to the one you dislike." Oh noooooooooo!!!! I was in the same cong with some in-laws I detest and and the feeling is mutual. Now I 'm told some sadistic Elder is going to teach me a lesson in paradise by making me misrable?? This rediculous talk actually helped me think. Hmmmmm

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

3rdgen- yet more JW BS pulled directly out of someone's nether region. We were always told "not to speculate" on the things unknown and yet that appears to be 98% of what comes off the stage or the page.

• losingit
    losingit

I believed in paradise, but my vision of paradise changed over time. That Jehovah would satisfy the desire of all beings provided me with enough leeway to envision a paradise that would please me. I know I could never be bored with eternal life on Earth-- just too much to learn, too many places to go, too many thngs to do! Ididn't care for the animals so much-- i did like giraffes and thought it'd b great to have one as a pet. To be with my family forever, especially my daughters and grandmother, to meet famous historical figures (forget Bible characters! I mean the REAL DEAL like Harriet Tubman or FDR or Lincoln! ) and possibly become their friends, to meet my ancestors and see where my blood line comes from-- that was Paradise to me! WTBTS was boring according to me. If someone enjoyed that version then they could have it. I knew what Jehovah was going to give me :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit