Did you ever actually believe the JW fantasy version of "Paradise"?

by Darth Fader The Sequel 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

I don't remember believing it during my ten years age 13 to 23, I probably embraced it for a while then like a number of doctrines it just didn't make any sense. My life as a JW was about the people the 'friends', my family.

I should have figured it out by age 16 and not get baptised but it took a while to work through the entire lie. To each their own....... time line.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I was pretty much born in so it was basically a way of life believing it.

A lot of the details mentioned above were never worried about because that was Gods problem.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I never believed in the JW's story of paradise. I studied for so many years and got baptized because I guess I needed a sense of belonging. I wanted to believe I could meet my father again after his death. But, paradise... it is still very strange to me.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Couldn't buy into all the animals becoming vegetarian because of their teeth, claws and binocular vision. I always felt the scriptures about lions eating grass and that were symbolic. Of course I could never talk to other jws about it. I had a 'wait and see' attitude.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A bit the same as you dear Julia, as a born-in I believed it would happen one day, but i often said to fellow JW's " I think you will be surprised at what paradise will really be like".

I also said to an Elder once "If Paradise is like Bro Nazi Elder envisages it, I don't want to be there" he replied "Neither do I". Yet Nazi Elder's dream was much as the WT said Paradise would be.

Mrs Phizzy used to say those pictures of people petting lions, huge bowls of fruit, a waterfall in the background, and lots of zombie like people with false smiles, made her want to puke.

We have both found that paradise, if anywhere, is without doubt somewhere outside of the WT/JW.org influence.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

yes. i saw no problem with animals becoming vegans. i thought it would be much more like adam and eve with no house and no clothes and no anything other than a lot of fruit. and meetings about how important the meetings are.

• stillin
    stillin

I was like most of them. Wait on Jehovah to answer the detailed questions. But the concept of a world without war or crime or pollution or greed still seems like a great idea. No liars or thieves. No scammers, whores or rapists. Respect for the planet and other people, other cultures.

All in all, not a bad thing to look forward to. If there is some actual way that this could happen, I 'm interested. I'm just not interested in having some manipulative, power-thirsty bunch of self-appointed superiority-complex-driven human beings who pretend that God talks to them tell me how to live my life.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Stillin- You and I agree completely!!!

I believe in God. If I believe in God then I have to believe that He has some sort of plan to repair this mess than humans have made on earth. Something. I am just no arrogant enough to claim to know exactly what that is. Nor am I willing to be manipulated by people who think they do.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Jeez! Please excuse my type-o's in my last entry above. Too late to edit them.

• designs
    designs

It made more sense than heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit