WTBTS continues to move to paperless

by pronomono 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• pronomono
    pronomono

During my last meeting I was approached to see if I would be willing to switch to the electronic version of the KM/Watchtower. I thought to myself "I'm way ahead of you here, buddy. Been doing it for almost a year." But I told him, "Sure, switch me over. I'll have to see what my wife prefers."

He actually got an attitude with me. "Well, your the head of the family. You should make a decision."

After giving him a WTH look, I told him, "Fine, she'll continue to get paper."

Douche.

• Giordano
    Giordano

They are a controlling group of ass wipes. Sounds like your on the fade?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Don't forget to get as much free literature as possible without giving them a dime. Make them loose money anyway you can.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

All worship the great penis. For it has great magical powers over controlling women. After all without one you cannot worship god for he knows poles are better than holes. When it comes to cults this one has the penis issue down pat. What a real nut that one is. Still Totally ADD

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Ahhhhh yessss............ "Headship". It really should be called "Dickheadship" because the ones that have to talk about headship all the time actually have none.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

pronomo - "He actually got an attitude with me. 'Well, your the head of the family. You should make a decision.'"

I had a similar experience a long time ago; the guy said "You're the head of the household; make her do it."

All I could do was laugh and say, "Yeah, you try it, buddy; see how well you do".

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I got a similar comment myself. I was told that I need to get my wife to comment more because they wanted to be able to reccomend me to be an MS. My first thought was the same as vidiot's- my second was joy that I would never qualify to be an MS. This was before I was even awake to TTATT.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I actually said it out loud.

Everyone in the car group laughed (at him), and no one ever brought it up again.

Even back when I was a dutiful JW, I'd had a long-standing habit of calling people on their bullshit stoopid.

Never got in trouble for it, either.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I made reference to an fellow elders wife (who he couldn't control) that just because she doesn't have a penis of her own doesn't mean she doesn't have a mind of her own.

Doc

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

As the Head of the Household, I have made the Executive decision to.... treat my wife as an equal partner, not deciding things on her behalf and not speaking for her without her input.

My house, MY RULES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit