How do you measure a Jehovah’s Witness?

by Londo111 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

I’m just thinking outloud and, of course, you are welcome to think aloud with me.

(1) There are the metrics used in the Yearbook totals. The average publisher count measures only those who reported time. Likely, most of those who attend the Memorial are those inactive or somehow associated in some way, shape, or form.

(2) There is meeting attendance. Unfortunately, only HQ knows this count for sure.

(3) There are donations. Only HQ knows this. This might be a useful barometer: since donations are relatively anonymous, while people may feel compelled to attend meetings and knock on doors, how much they contribute could indicate apathy or doubt. Of course, it can also be dependent on the economy.

(4) The number of elders and ministerial servants. Only HQ knows, but by all accounts this number has been in freefall for the last two decades. Men are not “stepping up to the plate.”

There are various ways of measuring this group. Unfortunately, since we do not have all the information, much of it is simply educated conjecture.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The way JWs measure themselves is with an invisible ruler.

To your point, since WT is by all definitions a secret society, the truth will most likely never be known.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Invisible ruler....ha ha. Good one, ADCMS.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Everyone is thinking too broadly. The only TRUE JWs are the ones who only use one paper towel in the restrooms at the KH.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

"And then Jehovah commanded his people to be be hyper-controlling, paranoid, secret-keepers.

And God saw that it was good."

-TE

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Oneeyedjoe said " The only TRUE JWs are the ones who only use one paper towel in the restrooms at the KH."

So "true" JW's go around with Crack O'bum smell ?

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

WHy do you all worry so much about what they are doing

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i thought that real Jehovah's Witnesses were the 144,000.

from another viewpoint. i would think only those that identify themselves as JW's and in so doing join in the witnessing work are JW's

• Londo111
    Londo111

@givemejustalittlemoretime: Because we have loved ones still within and have lost friends due to the irrational fear of the Apostate Boogeyman.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I wonder if the new rules of counting time will make a bump in the number of ‘hours’ and how active JWs are measured.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit