The Memorial- Passing the emblems, a prime display of weirdness

by Darth Fader The Sequel 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Our local KH has one more glitch to throw into the mix... a narrow culvert like hall with only a center isle-way... everyone gets to handle the emblems twice except those sitting against the walls.

• designs
    designs

Darth- have you been to Communion in other Churches.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't believe in Satan or Satanism, but the passing of the emblems without partaking still creeps me out. I read somewhere that Satanists have the same ceremony in order to reject the body and blood of Jesus.

• jam
    jam

Are DF ones allowed to touch the wine glass and

bread tray??? I don't recall.....

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Designs- no, just what I have seen on TV/movies. I did tour a large Catholic church once and I guess they were doing their rituals at the time but I could not see much.

• designs
    designs

Its worth the education to visit. A Church of Christ I attended served grape juice and saltine crackers (they expected the kids to partake). I wonder how many Catholics actually buy the Transubstantiation belief.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I hear you, Designs. But my "religious education" has come to an end. I am going to take a pass from here on out. Had my fill.

• dozy
    dozy

It became de rigeur for some parents of very young children in my congregation to brush their baby's cheeks with the emblems - all a bit weird.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They had better hope I don't hold those emblems--that is, unless they have the funds to waste cleaning wine out of the carpet. And broken glass--I know how to dump the glass on the floor and smash the glass on purpose. And the congregation gets to clean it up.

• minimus
    minimus

Dearth, that was beautiful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit