BOE 2014-07-13 Appointment and deletion of elders and ministerial servants

by WatchTower87 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Thanks Watchtower87 for that link. I’ve known many CO’s over the last 40+ years. Some were pompous “company men” while others were genuine, friendly, amiable and down to earth. Many of them as we know started “pioneering” while in their late teens right out of high school. I can’t imagine any reasonable intelligent man allowing himself and his reputation to be put in jeopardy. These CO’s I’m sure realize that this is the WTS obvious intent. Namely, to distance themselves from financial harm while yet maintaining a positive, righteous image for themselves, as being a religion of high moral integrity.

All of us would not allow our good reputation or our family name to be maligned, in the newspaper, on TV, or on the internet etc. But a CO is a perfect scapegoat for all of this. It’s brilliant in fact since these men and their wives have given their whole life to this religious institution. The WTS through donations pays for their cars, gas, meals, apt, medical expenses etc. These men have become wholly dependent and are trapped with very few marketable skills in the real world. Even if they disagree with this new loving arrangement they must be thinking…….. ”Whom shall we go away to?

They must feel completely euchred. Praise Jah.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh yeah, all pedos, perverts and pschycopaths all answer yes to that,

foolproof screening question .

Bloody brilliant.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Why is the heading and signature of the letter in Italian, and the text in English?

In a way, you are positioned up against the wall: You are more or less appointed and then asked these three questions, and if there are any past or present problems you would reply that Yes, there are some problems. OK, then the result will be questions on what problems etc., and suddenly you find yourself on the way to a JC.

Or you can reply that No, there are no problems - but Yes, there are reasons why the announcement should not be made, because I simply don't WANT to be appointed. But this "I don't want to" attitude seems not be covered. If there are no problems, you will be appointed "no matter what you fell about it". So the solution will have to be either reporting no more than 7-8 hours a month or being irregular at times ("regularly irregular").

• dozy
    dozy

As others have said - this change has all the fingerprints of the legal department all over it. The whole process is designed to somewhat distance the Society from any financial or legal liability if the appointed elder / ms turns out to be a bad guy. It seems to be more of a muddying the waters exercise than anything else - basically the procedure hasn't changed much.

So much for the "wonderful new elders book." It already has numerous crossing outs and marginal notes. Maybe it's time for another new edition.

• sir82
    sir82

Why is the heading and signature of the letter in Italian, and the text in English?

Probably the source is an elder in an English-language congregation in Italy.

By the way, this letter has NOT been sent to elders in the US branch.

I agree with the poster above, unless the source for these leaks absolutely doesn't care about being caught, he seems to be making it relatively easy to pick out who it is.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The letter has been with the UK elders since last week.

George

• outinthemeadows
    outinthemeadows

In paragraph 13 cross out the word "Circuit Overseer" and replace with "Travelling Greedy Bastard that Lives off the Fat of the Congregation"......

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

As was always suspected, Holy Spirt has got nothing to do with appointments.

9. Deletions during a regular visit to a congregation:

Recommendations for deletion because of poor judgment not of a judicial nature are usually best considered with the elders during the visit of the circuit overseer.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Yea they are trying to put another firewall between the gb and local elderoids!

Dwain

• bafh
    bafh

I think it was better when the congregation approved the elders. Let the community pick who are really leaders in displaying spiritual qualities and who they want to help organize them.

If the CO is appointed by the organization, they are still responsible for the appointment of the elder. I noticed though, they only ask that question at the time of the first appointment, they don't ask it if the person is deleted and re-appointed or is transfered to a different congregation. A good molester isn't going to 1) admit they are doing anything and 2) are unlikely to get caught - so asking that question is a formality to pretend they did "due dilligence".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit