BOE 2014-07-13 Appointment and deletion of elders and ministerial servants

by WatchTower87 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

Is there anything in your past that disqualifies you from being appointed an elder?

Yes, before becoming a dedicated servant of the organization, I was a rational thinker.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

ADCMS labels the process EXACTLY as it is...

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

After reading all the elaborate and recherché instructions sent by the Watchtower/ jw.org on this matter and comparing it to what the Bible says on the matter (Titus 1:5-9), one can clearly see how this organization is becoming more and more legalistic, judgmental and pharisaical.

So sad...

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree with all of the above!

This "new arrangement" is so full of flaws, that it just cements the knowledge that there is no holy spirit or god-direction going on in this organization!

And still the majority cant see it!

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

Ive doen all the reading i need to do in the last 50 years, but still noone of itanswers these question . How does DNA know what to do

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jesus, GMJALMT..... What the hell does that have to do with this topic??

Back on topic... If you are an Xian, how could you be disqualified by things in your distant past?? I would say, " NO. NOTHING can disqualify me because Jesus the Christ is my mediator, Lord, and Savior. His death has blotted out my sins. What about YOU? ". Let them think about that.

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

hey, GMJALMT:

1. epic off-topic post fail. Congratulations!

2. If after 50 years of reading about DNA you still haven't figured it out, why not just walk away? Maybe tackle a simpler question like, "why is the sky blue?"

3. I believe your question was answered on "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?"

@ DD: Jesus the Christ is my mediator

I love you, man, but you don't really think a JW elder will buy that answer, do you? I mean, really! Every JW knows the governing body is their Mediator, not Jesus.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

There was a "ministerial servant" in our cong who repeatedly molested quite a number of small children and then he fled without his family when one of his victims spoke up. When I challenged an eldumb as to why background checks weren't done, I was told that they trusted the "brothers" to be honest about these matters.

This ms had been in prison for raping his stepdaughter. His wife stayed with him and apparently covered over his crimes. Neither was ever df'd and he was given a memorial service in a k hall when he died.

That's how much eldumbs and the gb care about children and molesters.

• LogCon
    LogCon

chapter 3 par 29

cross out ' Governing Bodies ass is in the fire' and insert ' Circuit Overseer's ass is in the fire.'

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Lol!! I know that JWs don't really believe what the 'ol Bible says, but it would be fun to mess with the Eldubs. I think it would be equally fun to say, " Well... Yes and No. You see, I have done some horrible things, but Jehovah has forgiven me since I have fully repented each time and since he forgives completely. You know, like in the Shepherd Book?? Yeah.. YOU KNOW, the Elder who has molested a child but can still serve if it was in his past and he has evidence of the Holy Spirit in his life. Remember?? It's like that."

Can you even imagine the look on their face?!?! AWESOME!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit