Paul - GB Member (W 9/15/14)

by pixel 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

Ok, is this a "new understanding" or what? Up until this point I thought that the Borg refered Paul as a CO or DO, but never GB member:

P. 12 Now, why would Paul —a spiritual “giant” who likely was a member of the first-century governing body—call himself a “miserable man”?

WTF?

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

That "new light" had a string and a tag on it that read "Pull directly from ass."

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Oh yeah, Paul was in the Writing Department of the first century. But who was Freddy, the oracle of the first century?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Otherwise, in the book of Galatians, when Paul confronts Peter and other members of the so-called "Governing Body", there is a huge authority problem. And since the Watchtower views "spiritual food" coming from the top-down, "spiritual food" not coming from the Governing Body would be problematic. Making Paul be on the Governing Body solves this problem.

• Splash
    Splash

Paul was never one of the FDS according to newest, newest light.

The job of the FDS is to feed the domestics and since Paul never did that, for example by writing God inspired letters to the congregations to be kept as part of the Holy Bible.... Oh! Hold on a second....

Splash

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Paul also took his next missionary assignments from the local congregation without consulting any alleged 1.0 "governing body". I guess that made Paul a maverick GB member who didn't like consulting with the other members...and no one could do a damn thing about it.

I thought that the Borg refered Paul as a CO or DO

As of September 1, 2014 Paul is no longer a DO (see BOE Letter dated March 20, 2014).

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Was Paul made a GB member before or after he went up to Jerusalem and refused to see anyone but Peter and James (Gal. 1)?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Not new.

*** w85 12/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Was the apostle Paul part of the Christian governing body?

It is reasonable to conclude that Paul was a part of the Christian governing body in the first century. ... ...

• sir82
    sir82

Paul got a posthumous promotion! I'm sure he's happy to get a corner office on the cloud he sits on.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"It is reasonable to conclude"* that Paul used the Internet, gave pre-recorded talks at International Conventions on a Jumbotron and unicorns are real.

*(note lack of any references to source material)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit