Paul - GB Member (W 9/15/14)

by pixel 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

But Paul didn't have the savvy to invent a "domestics" class to do all his work for him while he lounged in his ivory tower.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Did they just imply that the GB are "spiritual giants"? Who the F calls another human a spiritual giant? What spiritual person would dare refer to themselves as a spiritual giant? That disturbs me more than the whole Paul/GB dogma.

DD

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

LOL! Some times I wonder about everyone!

I just can not stop laughing!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think 'abominable snowman' a much better term than a 'spiritual giant' . It goes better with madman or insane if you ask me and would explain his delusional slaps in the face by an angel sent by Satan.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

It is reasonable to conclude......that we all need therapy.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

MODERN DAY GOVERNING BODY of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

PAUL

An Example Worthy of Imitation:

"While he was entitled to recieve material support from the brothers, he chose to work with his hands in order not to be an expensive burden."- INSIGHT ON THE SCRIPTURES Volume 2 page 589 column 2 paragraph 2.

Well that's all fine and dandy but his modern day counter parts/GB have to spend their time trying to steer God's Chariot/earthly Organization/Watchtower Corporation, with a real nutty wheel design full of eyes, and no steering wheel, needless to say:'they are doing a smash up job of it'.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Funny.......I don't recall reading in the Bible how Paul protected paedophiles!???

Perhaps the 'Modern day(tm) Governing Body(R)' are more paedophile orientated?

• dozy
    dozy

Paul openly berated and counselled a ( supposedly ) fellow GB member , Peter , publicly. One wonders whether the current GB members would do that , in the pages of the Watchtower.

Franz completely deconstructs this "Paul was a GB member " claim in his books. In reality , Paul pretty much operated on his own - if anything , he fought against any concept of a central organisation ( not that any essentially existed , in any shape or form. )

All of this is part of the WTBTS fiction that the early Christians were JWs , had "circuits of congregations" and they held meetings for field service , wandering around giving scrolls out to people. Its all total tosh , but the WTBTS has to keep up the pretence.

• sparky1
    sparky1

New light just struck me right between the eyes. I think Paul had more than one job. I believe that he owned a Spiritual Barber Shop and rented out chairs to fellow Governing Body members. In order to prove the veracity of his claims at 1 Corinthians 11:14 he must have had a thriving business cutting his fellow male congregants hair. Nothing like doing your best with circular reasoning (based on conjecture and personal opinion)to create your own self fulfilling prophecy! The members of the 1st century Governing Body made outrageous and unproveable claims in order to 'shave and fleece the flock'. Members of the Modern Day Governing Body make outrageous and unproveable claims in order to 'shave and fleece the flock' in our day. Some things never change...................they are just recycled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit