Banner seen at convention in Miami

by Indian Larry 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Indian Larry
  • Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

I don't know how to make it show up in the post if someone could help me out with that. - Thanks

• rebel8
  • Indian Larry
  • Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Thanks!

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

Does this make anyone else sick?

• millie210
    millie210

Campaign buttons saying JW.ORG, banners waving, it all looks like the Democratic (or Repubilcan) national conventions.

I no longer recognize this religion

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Is the "Jehovah's Kingdom" application spyware, or ransomware? Or maybe just phishing for credit card numbers?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yeah, Indian Larry, it makes me sick. There was a thread earlier today (I think) asking whether this banner was approved by the org. On that thread I responded:

How can they be so certain it's 99% now when they've been black-and-white wrong in their predictions for significantly over 100 years? Also, the "99%" is meaningless unless we know the total. In other words, 99% of what? That 1% remaining could be a long time.

The banner thing is indicative of the new look and feel and personality of JWdom. It goes right along with all the international convention partying and all the other kookieness. JWs really are trying to be relevant, hip, and cool. If they didn't have permission to do it, then they probably just sensed that it was OK since they see all the other similar stuff going on.

I tried to talk with my JW mother after the convention. They really are getting dumber and dumber and more brainwashed. And with the dumbing down, they're becoming more happy-clappy and less dignified as evidenced by the banner thing. Since there's no more mental stimulation, I guess they have to fill the void with something.

So it is sickening to me. I'm by no means a party-pooper, but I feel that that's not appropriate for the occasion. It almost makes light of it. JWs claim that the Kingdom is about to slaughter almost all earth's population, so it is a serious subject. Banners like that are appropriate for sporting events - not serious events (at least if JWs were right, it would be serious).

What irks me, too, is the probable fact that most of those who made and/or held up the banner can't defend JW doctrine; heck, they probably don't even know it. Yet they arrogantly and smugly produce and hold up that banner.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Putting the apocalyptic thing aside for a moment, this banner says Jehoopla's Marvelous Land of Pet Lions TM is 99% here already.

99% here already.

What a loving god he is, creating such a universe filled with suffering, death, wickedness, pain, evil, sickness, terror and selfishness. Only 1% to load and it will be 100% here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit