Convention Season-"Saving Good Seats" & Other Embarrassing Behavior

by Darth Fader The Sequel 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I recall an occasion when I felt bad and went and sat in the cafeteria section of the Assm Hall. An attendant told me this was not allowed and everyone was to take a seat in the auditorium. I replied "You know what............I didn't really want to attend anyway. You just helped me decide what to do." and I headed straight for the exit.

Doc

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Steve2- I agree, it would be very revealing to have "the stampede" on video. If I were still involved in the attendant nonsense I would happily record the spectacle.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Those must all be weak Witnesses or Bible students.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Apognophos- if you saw the foot speed of many of these "brothers and sisters" you would never call them "weak".

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

jgnat:

Aisle seats preferred, right?

Yes, because then you can grimace and shake your head disapprovingly at all the families with little children who have to use the bathroom during the sessions.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Hummingbird001- you are so right. The early birds get the aisle seats, never get up during the session and take diligent notes, and they get all indignant when a family with small kids has to get past them. There are way too many of those people.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

That's what is going to happen in pariah-dise. When Jehoober resurrects people, they will begin running to the best real estate spots so they can claim the best locations. I'm sure the spots up on the hills will be the first ones to go, because it gives you the best vantage point so you can observe the cheetahs playing with deer, and watch a lion massage a sheep.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby still runs in to the restaurant to beat the queue. Saves us five minutes, I am sure.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I really noticed how in the 60 and 70s people actually had respect for each other.

One of the things I noticed after they built the assembly hall, was how much every thing changed and the lack of respect went out the door.

Shocking how people behave.

We use to here talks on how wonderful and clean God's people were compared to the "worldly"

In fact they used to have pre assembly talks on how to behave! Just remembered that one!

Now the local people behaviors just went way down into the the mud. The brothers enjoy fighting over seats like swines rolling in the mud and snarling at one another over" rotten food."

I attended one assembly after years out and I was so shocked with the changes in people's attitudes.

It actually scared me and the fairy tale was no longer there. Some good friends would call this awareness.

Strange thing is that I was in a total cultural shock and the elders were trying to bring me up to all the recent changes.

This change and the lack of love among the JWs and the so called newly built convention was too much to handle. My childhood good memories of assembly was wiped out by new and improved convention centers full of animals.

I was invited a couple of times to attend, some claimed gurantee a good time. Honestly not after what I had experience. Eventually some even admitted the changes and lack of love at conventions were hard for even them to deal with.

Not much love was a good reason for me to leave and never go back.

Honestly who wants to eat in a cafateria full of swines. Not me ever again.

I would rather be alone than in a large room full of blind folks.

• jgnat
    jgnat

What struck me was the sterility of the lunch break, with each family breaking out their regulation size coolers. Some families had a feast, some bare bones. A few went the natural route with fruits and nuts, obviously preparing for post-Armageddon meal prep. No sharing!

What a contrast to the early church.

http://gospelsunshine.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/the-breaking-of-bread/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit