'Jehovah's Kingdom' convention banner

by undercover 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Magnum
    Magnum

SAHS: It seems that the WTS is becoming more and more aware that any kind of “logical” or “factual” academic approach on their part is simply not going to cut ice because of the ease with which information can now be compared and tested against their history, . . . . so, that is why they are instead focusing more on the charismatic, emotional-type approach.

Exactly - I've been saying that. They realize now, with all the info available with the click of a mouse and with all their failed predictions and all their crazy, deceptive history, that they can't go the deep, analytical, scholarly, technical route anymore. There can no longer be any of the deeper books like the ones of the Fred Franz era. They know they can easily be shot down now. Those days are over. I believe that's one reason, if not the main reason, for the dumbing down and going happy-clappy, charismatic, and emotional. It used to be that they could sort of say (or print) what they wanted and all those in awe of Oracle Franz believed it unquestioningly. But they don't have a monopoly anymore. Just consider the fact they've basically had to try to hide the Creation book and the Trinity brochure because they got busted on those.

Can somebody tell me what "the new contact cards" are?

• Apognophos
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks, Apognophos.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Poor dears. **sigh**

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

My wife told me that there were apostates with signs across the street from the Georgia Dome. I didn't see them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I reckon that even if a big banner was held up in the stadium with JWfacts.com on it, most wouldnt even notice the difference!

They would just think it was another society approved site!

Until they clicked on it......hehehehe (cue evil laugh!)

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

A banner with 'Jehovahs Kingdom' and 404 error underneath would be more apt than the JW one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit