Testimony card returns

by sir82 45 Replies latest jw friends

• eva luna
    eva luna

Agreed Blondie. I know brilliant people in the Silicon Valley and they get sucked in too.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Do they really want the average Joe-in-the-street to connect the dots between "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "the internet"?

I don't think this reflects a lack of thought on their part. Up to now they've eschewed the internet precisely for the reasons you mention. The more likely explanation is that their management-by-committee structure breeds schizophrenic decision making.

At some point a GB member or two changed their views or a particularly intractable GB member or two died and the scales were tipped in favor of this new approach. Given that leadership consists of a bunch of geriatric buffoons, it's no wonder the rollout has been less than stellar.

• sir82
    sir82

geriatric buffoons

Ah, so you've seen Lett giving a talk, then?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Ah, so you've seen Lett giving a talk, then?

lol...you read my mind. I posted the following on that thread roughly an hour ago:

I don't understand how anyone could take him seriously.

What would Lett be doing if he weren't a Witness? Who would hire someone like that? He would never make it past a screening interview.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you for that.

I remember we used to have ID cards in the 1950's and 60's, maybe even 70's. It identified you as a JW minister. Signed by you and the Congregation Servant (PO, COBE).

George

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Watchtower is one drunken, mixed-up lady:

The Society’s advice about computers and the internet has gone from ‘avoid using computers and visiting the internet’ and ‘Others have decided not to have access to the Internet’:

“Of course, we can and should exercise self-control by taking immediate action if we are confronted with a provocative image. But how much better if we avoid the situation in the first place! (Prov. 22:3) Setting appropriate safeguards and adhering to them involve the exercise of self-control. For example, keeping the computer in an open area can serve as a protection. Some find it best to use the computer or watch television only when others are present. Others have decided not to have access to the Internet. (Read Matthew 5:27-30.) May we take whatever measures are necessary to protect ourselves and our family……”— (Watchtower 4/15/11 pg 27 par 18)

....to encouraging JWs (young and old) to invest in computers, smart phones, ipads and the like. And once they’ve obtained their device 'Mother' wants the rank and file to visit and revisit the internet….’and when you’re online don’t forget to visit our store’:

• piztjw
    piztjw

For those who want a scan of the letter... I can assure you this is real. An elder told me this same thing over the weekend.

It's true. Letter was read tonight. Of course the majority bobbed their heads, smiled their brain=dead smiles, and then clap clap clap clap.

• wolfman85
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sad but true!

There was also a BOE letter read to the congregation where I was tonight regarding a 'Contact Card' for everyone's personal ministry.

This promotion of www.jw.org is really, really getting unbelievably wacky!

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

The Mormons have been doing this very same thing for years now.. I have three of their cards with the logo.

they have come to my door and approached my car handing them to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit