Testimony card returns

by sir82 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

And they know this...how? Did they take a poll? Sheesh.

It has been observed that some people who are hesitant to accept a tract, magazine, or
    other literature are willing to visit our Web site.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Baltar's comment is fantastic!

Yep, "the rocks are a-cryin' out!"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

So, if they want everyone to count Tract placements now, why not count these Cards as placements??

It would "boost" the numbers of "literature" placed on the "blow your trumpet out loud annual report"

Stoopid.....

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Here is an example of a old testimony card.

Bangalore

• Fernando
    Fernando

1. Make "Testimony Cards" with a QR code to JWFacts.com

2. Swop out with your JW partner's stash

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Courtesy of my friends on J W Talk.. Of course I have not seen these cards , or indeed heard the letter read, but the source is good. Pity about the image quality though.

• sir82
    sir82

It continues to strike me how way-behind-the-times the WTS is.

Do they really want the average Joe-in-the-street to connect the dots between "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "the internet"?

The WTS seems to think the internet has not progressed beyond 1997 or so.

In 1997, if you even had the internet, and you wanted to use it, say, to do research on whether you should buy a Toyota, you'd dial up AOL and hunt for Toyota's primitive website. There was't much else out there to tell you if it was a good car or not.

In 2014, if you want to research on whether to buy a Toyota, you google "Toyota" or "Toyota reviews" or "Toyota quality" and filter through the several thousand hits you'll get. You'll weigh the pros and cons, find unbiased reviews, and generally get both sides of the picture.

The Watchtower seems to be of the mind that if the average Joe-in-the-street wants to learn about "Jehovah's Witnesses", he'll just go to JW.org and stop there. Just like in 1997.

What will really happen, of course, is he'll google "Jehovah's Witnesses" and be confronted with several thousand hits, 99.999% of which will be the equivalent of "one star reviews". The only positive website he'll find (thanks to the WT's boneheaded mandate to individual JWs to not set up their own pro-JW websites) is JW.org. Virtually all other sites referenced will be anti-JW.

Would you buy a Toyota if 99.999% of the reviews were "one star"?

Would a typical Joe-in-the-street even consider joining JWs if he googled "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

I don't know what consulting firm the WTS has paid to create their web presence, but I think they're clearly overpaying. Or ignoring their advice.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I honestly think that people overestimate how many people are likely to google JWs. There's always a new chump that doesn't really know how to use the internet very well. There's a sucker born every minute.

Will smart educated people google JWs and smell cult a mile away? Usually, yes.

• minimus
    minimus

Say as little as possible! You need to interact. Weird cult.

• blondie
    blondie

No, smart, educated people are not less likely to be influenced by a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit