The two elders visited my sister again

by opusdei1972 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

QC You are probably right. I think that the elders are being instructed by the Circuit Overseer. My sister wanted to talk to the elders to show them that she is not attending the meetings because she is fornicating or seriously sinning, but due to the dishonesty of the Watchtower Society. Of course, she was very polite in exposing it. My sister knows that she could be disfellowshipped, but she has the support of us (her family and her sons, who hate the Society).

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Nevertheless, If I know of an announcement that says something more than "Sister X is no longer a witness", I will take legal actions against the elders.

• QC
    QC

They might say “Sister X is disfellowshiped," then in a later public meeting going into details without mentioning her name. This way you can't sue them successfully.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

QC: They might say “Sister X is disfellowshiped," then in a later public meeting going into details without mentioning her name. This way you can't sue them successfully.

But I doubt that they commit that serious mistake, unless they were so stupid. I think they are trained to avoid these mistakes, doesn't it?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Though I remember that elders have done this without naming the person implied. I am now remembering some cases when I was an active member.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I like when they claim Babylon false religion fell in 1918; so then how can those that left the religion go to Babylon false religion if it was destroyed back then? Crazy.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

They will never announce what the person did, but anyone with half a brain that's been in and knows how it works can figure it out. They'll announce her, then give a local needs talk that takes a VERRRRY serious tone and everyone will know that the local needs talk was specifically about her. I think usually they space it out a little (announce her one week, local needs the next, or vice-versa) but I've seen cases where they gave a talk about fornication, then had the closing talk before announcing the person.

The best part, though, is that since the talk is just a general warning to the congregation (not an announcement of what took place) they can make the talk about anything and take it to any extreme that they want, and they won't be on the hook for slander. In your case, your sister might simply state that she no longer believes that the GB is the FDS, but otherwise mind her own business and make no efforts to convince others to leave. They'll DF her, and give a talk about how evil appostates seek to draw off followers after themselves. They'll talk about how appostates have become like the devil and believe that Jehovah puts too many restrictions on us. There'll be no end to what they'll say. Since they never name names, they can't be held legally liable for slander, but everyone in the congregation will know that your sister has been actively trying to get followers for herself and she's possessed by the devil himself.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Your sister is very intelligent. Too intelligent for these elders.

I tell you, to try to show the elders the organisation was wrong on so many things is actually a waste of time. Finally they will come with the loyalty question 'Do you believe the faithful and discreet slave is gods channel.' If she answers with no, they will df her for apostasy if she talks to another brother or sister about it.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Daniel1555 My sister has told them that she believes in Jehovah, but not in human interpretations which are constantly failing. So, as I see, she has admitted, indirectly that she no longer supports the Governing Body. May be these two elders do not understand yet what she meant, or may be, they are waiting for more instructions from the Circuit Overseer. Many years ago I belonged to my sister's congregation, so, as far as I know, this could be the first case of "apostasy" they are facing. So, these elders seem to ignore how to act.

• UBM101
    UBM101

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit