is it just me?? the district convention at nassau coliseum was crazy

by dugout 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

@adcms, that was HIILARIOUS, and i saw lots of people who had that attitude over the years.

We had many horrible experiences of all sorts, at the conventions. I don't know which is more wonderful, not having to attend conventions or not having to go to meetings.

One year (maybe it was the last dc we attended) we had sat near the ground floor and decided to take the elevator. There was a crush of several hundred people trying to get down a hallway to the elevater. But everyone was being nice and good humored about it as we waited and inched forward.

All at once there was a couple of elderly sisters, one older being helped by slightly younger, who was calling out, "Sorry, we're in a hurry, can we please get by," and kept repeating that as they shoved forward towards the elevator. They got up next to me and looked at me, and repeated what a hurry they were in, sorry.

I said to her, Well aren't we ALL? She was shocked but kept on going. But I wish i had a picture of all the disapproving faces turned to me, all the people who heard me say it were mumbling and grumbling how bad i was to that poor woman. I mean, it was hot and airless in that narrow hallway, it was the end of a long boring tiring convention day, and all i did was SAY what everyone else was thinking. But they all LOVED having me to hate.

Raise your hand if you heard the story of the terrible old bitch at the Gwinnett Convention Center who was mean to the two old sisters who were in a hurry.

Marina

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

OEJ: Ha, nice. I guess stupid decisions like that give a good witness... to the fact that the Society is not some kind of perfect channel of God that can organize events well. It is indeed encouraging that your wife sees the decision-makers as "guys in an office".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is one time I can't take any blame whatsoever. By not going at all, I do not contribute to crowding. If everyone did that and stayed home to skip the whole wastefest, this would have been prevented. Bonus: By skipping the damnation working, you have that much time to do as you see fit. And with the money you save by not wasting the gas and motel rooms, you can get a decent little stack of silver--especially if you throw in whatever you would have donated toward the Worldwide Damnation Fund. Then, once the dollar becomes toilet paper next year, you have a little when those stupid enough to go have nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit