is it just me?? the district convention at nassau coliseum was crazy

by dugout 42 Replies latest jw friends

• dugout
    dugout

Number one- Fact-it was dangerously overcrowed. Ok its one thing dropping the ball on this one. because somebody did. Or they just didnt care. But to turn around and blame the friends for it is just crazy. FRiday afternnoon The brother made this annoucement that if this was not your assigned convention you can go to bkln or queens assembly hall. Which they had just opened up. I mean i dont think thats why it was overcrowed. they had to many circuits going at one time (my observation) I've been here for a long time. I never saw nothing like this before. It took 45min just to get in the parking lot ,got there by 8:15 didnt get seat until 9:30. The lines for the womens bathrooms were 30 forty strong felt sorry for them.

Number two- I heard from eyewitnessess that their were actual fist fights at the gates for seats. Nooo not just pushing and shoving but fist fights????? Look, I ask him three times was he lying (he had a pregnant wife)he said even she was getting pushed around. He looked so discourged. He said he was embarrassed

Number three-Sunday we went to the queens assembly hall it had a comfortble attendance of only 800 out of about 1500seats why didnt they do that in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They Blamed the friends for the overcrowed conditions????????? IS IT JUST ME?????

• steve2
    steve2

It sounds like some gawd-awful planning went into the DC. seating arrangements. Those poor sisters - what control it would've required. The media would be interested in confirmed reports of fist fights at a district convention. New light: When push comes to shove, Witnesses behave like everybody else!

• prologos
    prologos

reminders of Penton's book illustration: "Pugilist club. Members only." *(if it is true) but

having seen the scenes at reservation scrambles, i believe it.

* referring to the physical assault by congregation members on dissenters.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

My daughter was there. I'm going to ask her about it. This really concerns me if true.

Isaac

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They hyped up the larger venues for months before...NO WONDER more people attended instead of going to the smaller halls!

• JT speaks-out
    JT speaks-out

"stuckinarut2: They hyped up the larger venues for months before..."

This is what I remember from my teens. Whenever their was a big convention they would go on about it like that was the only one you could go to, and then they would look funny at you if you had to go to a different one (especially the internationals).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

TBH. I'm surprised anyone was there.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I thought they were getting below the numbers they anticipated.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember someone saying the international in texas they were planning on x amount but got below it.

• stillin
    stillin

Woodstock was overcrowded too but it was peaceful and fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit