circuit overseer worship

by Magnum 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
    fulano

Who's guilty? Nobody has the obligation, do they? It's the stupid average people who does so.

• NotNew
    NotNew

• Who's guilty? Nobody has the obligation, do they? It's the stupid average people who does so.

Please don't group "stupid" with ignorance or indoctrinated! Many here were indoctrinated Not STUPID!

SW

• skin
    skin

Visiting delegates, are another group that get looked upon as being in a higher class than the average JW. We had an international convention here last year and I was disgusted in the amount of attention that we were asked to show toward these people in the months leading up to the convention. I heard reports of JW's planning to go to the airport so they could be one of the first to meet these special people when they arrive, nothing wrong with that, but would they have done this if we didn't have months of announcements leading up to the event, telling us to make the delegates feel more than welcome.

• Island Man
    Island Man

You know it's interesting how Circuit Overseer is abbreviated as CO. CO is also the abbrevation for Commanding Officer (I think). So JWs who use the abbreviaion CO are speaking very much like soldiers in the army who use the same lingo to refer to their Commanding Officer. The JWs' CO is the Commanding Officer of the congregations in the circuit? LOL.

• Island Man
    Island Man

By the way, speaking about the way the CO is treated, you should come see what happens in the Caribbean - at least the region where I live. The first meeting of the week of CO visit all the elders seem friendlier than normal to the sheeple. Before the meeting, some elders go around the kingdom hall warmly greeting and shaking the hands of all present. It seems almost like they're politicians on a campaign to win votes.

Then there's the lunch - "feeding the CO". This is not the CO sitting down with one or two brothers to have a meal. No, that would be the exception. Normally, feeding the CO is a planned boufet style banquet, with upwards of 20 or more in attendance! Every day a different bookstudy group (now service group) is responsible for preparing the lunchtime meal for the CO and his wife and the 20 or more invited guests - usually the elders and their wives, the pioneers and those often in the ministry. Sometimes groups can get a little competitive trying to outdo the banquet prepared by the previous group - at the very least they feel compelled not to let their banquet fall below par of the preceding banquet(s) by other group(s).

• PureEnergy
    PureEnergy

Also don't forge the use of the word Brother as a religious title (so it seems) when addressing an Elder. I have noticed some of the more down to earth males at the hall starting to introduce themselves using their first names.

• PureEnergy
    PureEnergy

By the way, speaking about the way the CO is treated, you should come see what happens in the Caribbean - at least the region where I live. The first meeting of the week of CO visit all the elders seem friendlier than normal to the sheeple. Before the meeting, some elders go around the kingdom hall warmly greeting and shaking the hands of all present. It seems almost like they're politicians on a campaign to win votes.

Island Man

It's the organization that promotes this type of behavior by encouraging position in the congregation as a way of keeping busy or doing more for Jehovah.

I was never one to go along with the group just to get along.

That's one of the reasons why this system is so easily controlled by the Devil.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

One could argue that visits by Paul, the first traveling overseer, were probably much the same experience.

• prologos
    prologos

With worship come offerings. so: perhsps

One reason that the wt. society inc. has rolled all responability and liability for appointments and disappoentments of elders, et al onto the C O s is that

They were discovered to be the greatest beneficaries of the benevolence of the 'friends', without accounting to the hard working mother org.

• Bye bye birdie
    Bye bye birdie

I wonder while reading this how completely crappy it is to be an elder. Why bother with it? this is why all the somewhat cooler men don't want it.

my dad was asked to be a MS he answered....nah I like to watch a good rated R movie.

ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit