Sole CHANNEL of communication?

by Batman89 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Batman89
    Batman89

Has the GB ever explained exactly how they supposedly communicate with God and get new light or other "inspiration" for their "spiritual dog food"?

Do they all sit in a room together and hold hands and join one conciousness??

Do they fall asleep and go to the dream world and talk to Jehovah there like the movie inception or something??

I wanna know!! lol

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nah, they don't mess with the little details. Tell a lie, make it a big lie, and keep repeating it.

Of course IF you can get a JW to concentrate for more than 30 seconds, the points to make are 1) Does God lie to the GB, or 2) Is the GB not listening to the communications coming from God? (based on their 100% failure rate when it comes to prophecy)

Admission of either means there is no need to live your life as a JW for one additional minute.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Has the GB ever explained exactly how they supposedly communicate with God and get new light or other "inspiration" for their "spiritual dog food"?

This is a subject that really angers me about this fraud of a religion. People are DF'd left & right for apostacy for not agreeing with all the endless details of this religion, and unbeknown to them the Governing Body is meeting behind closed doors and talking about changing beliefs, which indicates they don't believe it, which is apostacy. In his book Ray Franz talked about meetings where "new light" was discussed and it took like a 2/3 vote to pass it. How in the hell could the GB members who brought up a change that wasn't voted in as new light not be DF'd for apostacy? How the hell could the GB members who voted against new light that passed the vote not be DF'd for apostacy? This religion is a man-made fraud.

• steve2
    steve2

The exact process of how "new" light is generated has never been explained because, if it were, even more questions would arise. I expect they toss around different ideas, play with the wording, pray (what exactly happens when they do?), go away, mull it over, meet, keep playing with the wording, invite their writers to write something about it. But, in essence, apart from fine-tuning the basics, there's not much for them to do. It's a well-oiled machine that grinds on and on. All they need is nice new ways of saying what they already teach. Kind of like a 9 to 5 spiritual job. Occasionally, a snag arises such as the end not coming within expected time frames, so cautious reframing and re-interpretation's required. Not a biggie at all; hence they pull "over-lapping generations" out of the bag, and, wow! The rank and file are so impressed and satisfied!

All very prosaic and ordinary. As with most religious authority, once it's in place, it becomes its own justification. People in authority can write and speak with power - and that power can appear to followers to be divinely sanctioned.

The human tendency to submit to authority is scary but understandable. The alternative is to be virtually "at sea" with those stock and trade questions beloved of religionists who subscribe to "modern" Christian beliefs. Silly, unknowable questions like, Why Does God Permit Wickedness? or What is the meaning of life (answer: To submit to our directions on what you should do with your life).

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

How in the hell could the GB members who brought up a change that wasn't voted in as new light not be DF'd for apostacy? How the hell could the GB members who voted against new light that passed the vote not be DF'd for apostacy?

Sounds like youre using those "independent thinkng/critical thinking" skills we were warned about!

• whathappened
    whathappened

Yes, and how do the annointed people know they are annointed...they just supposedly "know" and we were too respectfull to ever question them about it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Rutherford wrote that the holyspirit was no longer active and he got direct contact with angels. Good stuff.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Rutherford wrote that the holyspirit was no longer active and he got direct contact with angels. Good stuff.

Interesting.....I'd like to hear more about this.

It never occurs to JW's to question anything about new light or how it come to be. I always imagined the GB met together, prayed and Jehovah's holy spirit put it in all their minds what the new light understanding was or something mysterious like that. LOL

Ray Franz gave more insight about the inner-workings of the JW GB than anyone, but JW's would not even believe any of what he describes, which sounds very man-made corporate-like.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

That would be JAMES BROWN!!!!

Oh, sorry, I thought you said SOUL channel of communication!!!

I got the fever!!!

• Mum
    Mum

Didn't Ray Franz talk about this in C of C? I think they take a vote, and any "idea" that two-thirds of them agree with is "new light."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit