Did You Ever Get Screwed By A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I could write a book of the stories about "very respectable" and "faithful brothers/sisters" that I have done business with and gotten royally screwed over it. These were pioneers, elders, convention talk givers........ it is endless. In the end, I blame myself. How could I be so stupid as to go back for more like I did and trust any of these people?

3rdgen, your story of what happened to your mother is VERY disturbing.

• James Brown
    James Brown

The only time I have gotten screwed is when I allow myself to get screwed.

If I allow it just about anybody would screw me.

Thats human nature.

In my younger JW days. I allowed myself to get screwed by many JW's

They usually screwed with my brain.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

More than 35 years ago my husband and his ex partner sold a very small business to a brother and he didn't pay them everything for it. About a year ago he wrote to my husbands ex partner and apologized to him and told him he was making everything right. He sent him the money he owed owed us so finally after all of these years we received the money. The funny thing is both my husband and his ex partner no longer go to meetings but the guy never found out otherwise we may have never received our money. So I guess these is still hope that some may get their money back.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I bought a new pickup truck and was about to sell my old Toyota pick up which was only five years old had low miles and in really good shape. Before I even put my old truck for sale, an older JW Sister came to me and told me that her daughter and her husband (newlyweds) were having financial troubles and couldn't afford a vehicle for her daughter so she was depressed, stuck at home and couldn't go in service etc. She said her Son in Law needed a truck like mine and could leave their only car at home for her daughter to use in service if he had it. She asked me if I could help them out and give them a good deal on the truck. I offered to sell it to them for $1,000. (It was worth at least $6,000) they jumped at the deal and I was happy to help them.

A few months later at a get-to-gether, the husband started bragging right in front of me, about how he'd sold the truck to a coworker for $7,000. He had gone out and bought a new jacked up 4x4 truck and used the $7,000 as a down payment. He'd didn't even seem to have a clue about how I might feel about all this. I know technically it was his to sell and it's good that he made a profit on it, but I thought that by practically giving my truck away, I was helping this young couple to keep out of debt when actually what I did was give him a downpayment for another vehicle. Anyway, I just put his behavior down to ignorance of youth but made a mental note not to be so helpful in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit