Did You Ever Get Screwed By A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I had a friend who always had money issues, but it was never a problem between us, as I wasn't making that much money myself, although I was financially stable. Years after I moved away, she asked to borrow $400 to fly her adult daughter to where she lived because her daughter was pregnant and diabetic and she wanted her to see her diabetes doctor in Southern Cali, she was worried about her and didn't think the doctor where she lived was any good.

I had moved from Southern California to Northen California by then, we had kept in occasional contact, but it was more from my end. She knew I had a good job by then and was starting to make decent money, although by no means was I rich. I gave her the money, knowing I would never see it again, as her life was so dysfunctional and I was pretty sure she had done this to others, you get a feeling about things. What bothered me more than the money was that I knew it was the end of a twenty five year friendship, we had kids the same age, her husband was disfellowshipped also, we had been through so much, I had just been the matron of honor at her wedding the year before. To add insult to injury, her daughter came, but never even saw the doctor. I saw her one more time before I left the religion, but the friendship was over for me, It was my goodbye to her. I wasn't even mad, just sad that our friendship meant so little to her.

• kaik
    kaik

My mom did. She did work fo some JWs who never paid back for done services and when she complained to the elders, she was threatened with DF.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

marked

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

@Fernando - it's so good to have that cult in our rear view mirrors, isn't it? People with half a brain should be able to see what the WT priorities are. They don't give a damn about damage to innocent children.

Marina

• minimus
    minimus

They are a cult.

• blondie
    blondie

I never loaned what I could not afford to lose.

If the only time that jw talked to me was to borrow.....

Always ask for separate checks.........or don't go

Always have written contracts but don't expect the elders to enforce them....make it legal on the outside...be prepared to be told to take a loss by the elders.

I dislike jws that told me that they would pay me back when I made it clear it was a gift...kept telling me they would repay even 10 years later...makes you wonder if there is anything between their ears.

• minimus
    minimus

I like that, always ask for separate checks or don't go out to eat with them.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Well we could "afford" our losses but the liars who don't pay for stuff that they have ordered can't afford the damage to their reputations - and the damage that flows on to the WT by their association with it. Those people lose their credibility and so does the WT.

Marina

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

This one woman was a pro at finagling MORE out of any situation - the last time I saw her, I had taken her out for a girls only time. It was a late lunch and just as we were getting ready to go and the check had arrived, she told the waitress she wanted a to-go order. She looked at me and said, I've got to take something home for (her husband). Then when the check came she took it and handed it to me. I've already agreed to take her out for a meal, then heard all through the meal how tough their financial situation is.

No way am I getting out of paying the check for three meals. But, that was the last time. She had quite a bit to say to me via email, once i had missed a few meetings. But then she quit talking to me at all. An elder's wife can't be talking to somebody who quits going to meetings. An elder's wife can only be associating with ones who take the speaker and his wife out to eat! LOL

• minimus
    minimus

I learned a long time ago not to be taken advantage of by people like her. I would have said, "no, you can put that on a separate check. She;ll pay for that one"....Screw her!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit