Seventeen-and-a-half glorious minutes with the irrepressible Mr Lett

by rory-ks 49 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Observations of "Get-Bent" Lett:

1.) Upon closer observation of his eye movements during his close-up, you can tell he is reading from a tele-prompter. So much for speaking from the heart.

2.) Nice pinky ring. Such a showy display of one's means. How many Kingdom Halls in Africa could that ring finance I wonder?

3.) This guy is freakin' crazy, bat-sh*t crazy, a loon, coo-coo for cocoa puffs. If he's one of the spirit-directed annointed ones, than God help us all.

4.) Over-the-top mannerisms don't make the contrived BS he spews any more believable.

5.) 1:53: Question 1.) "Why is it foolish to give our devotion to anything or ANYONE other than Jehovah?" Good question you whack-job, since you demand exactly this in every single publication you print: unquestioning devotion and obediance to yourselves. (the Governing Body). Talk false-worship and irony! Look in a mirror as you speak, Lett!

6.) 2:15: Here Lett speaks to his audience as though they were 2 year olds. Has this what has become of "deep spiritual study", using ones imagination? Incredible.

7.) 3:25: Again, Lett talks down to his audience as a Kindergarten teacher would. This is incredible. I would be insulted to have to sit and listen to this clown "educate" me spiritually.

8.) The over-emphasis of his mannerisms is really distracting. Who speaks like this, besides possibly someone who is used to sign language? It's bizarre, really.

9.) 7:22: "Higher Edu-cation", said with gigantic wide-eyedness, and a look of astounishment, as though education were created by Satan himself. Freakin' crazy! I agree with the one poster above who claimed this guy single-handidly proved this Org could not be God's one true religion, what with a whack-a-do like this at the helm. Jehovah choose THIS guy to lead? Seriously?

10.) 8:08: Wag that finger! Wide-eyed, crazy person speaking.

11.) Every 20 seconds it's "Jehovah this, Jehovah that." Jesus is barely an honourable mention. Wonder how he feels about that, what with him reigning in heaven the last 100 years, according to current doctrine? Hmmmmmm. This is also of course a lesson out of the Old Testament. Pretty typical for a neo-Jewish cult fronting as a Christian religion to constantly be quoting from the Israelite portion of the Bible to install fear, instead of drawing lessons from Jesus' humble examples in the New Testament. Neo-Pharisees, all of them.

12.) "Exclusive Devotion" & "loyalty" is being constantly harped on. It's one big guilt trip upon the flock. Let us "read between the lines." The hemorraging must be truly severe for the flock to receive such a flogging as this. What we've been hearing is true: The internet has rung the death blow for these cults, and they know it. People are waking up, as is evidenced from the increased activity on ALL the forums of the internet. EX-JW growth must be far out-pacing conversions at this point. They are preaching to and trying to maintain the hard-core, brain-dead loyalists. Everyone else with a brain and wi-fi connection is heading for the door. No wonder they can't get the new Headquarters built fast enough; they are in retreat! An actual retreat, TO a retreat, by a lake, with all of the flock's money.

Conclusion: What I see deep in this guy: FEAR. They (the Governing Body) are losing their grip of control over the flock, especially youth, at an astonishing rate. This entire drama is RE-ACTIVE, and totally aimed at what is being reported back to headquarters thru their minions. What a glorious day this is for me to realize this fact. Run you lovers of money, you wolves in sheeps clothing! They are giving the appearance of authority and strength, but in reality are weak in the knees with fear. (symbolism over substance) All they have left is to disfellowship the complainers, and empty out the congregation accounts into their own greedy hands. The jig is up, and after 2014-15, the corpse will be about drained of blood.

- Wing Commander

• Comatose
    Comatose

Can't watch more than a minute... STOP RAISING YOUR DAMN EYEBROWS SO HIGH!!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wing Commander: I agree with the one poster above who claimed this guy single-handidly proved this Org could not be God's one true religion, what with a whack-a-do like this at the helm.

That would be me. No claim. True fact.

I started researching and testing the claims of this religion as a result of Lett's lack of credibility as a leader. It was clear to me that he could not possibly be appointed by God.

- -

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I have said before in another thread, I have never paid any attention to the GB and getting to know their names or faces or biographies. I never cared since I was a kid. Even way before I knew TTATT, these old dudes meant no more to me than any other human being.

Lett- I saw him for the first time last year at the super-duper, extra-special, geek-party of the year (aka- "The Annual Meeting"). I instantly knew this guy was a clown. If he was running a feed store or had a booth at a farmers market selling apples and onions I would have no issue with him. Just an old quirky dude. But for this guy to be considered by most JDUBS to be "anointed" and a mouthpiece of God is hilarious. He is pure clown. In the video, who does he think his audience is? 1st graders? Fetuses still in the womb? The mentally retarded? (no offense to the MR's) How can anyone think this is the manner a person who claims such elite status should speak to "Bible students"? Beyond insulting.

Also, the pillars/columns in the back round of the video are oh-so-subtle (sarcasm). Everyone knows that if you stand next to a bunch of pillars that everything you say is correct and should be respected as the word of God. (BLECH!!!!)

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

So here we have it from member Oubliette: Governing Body Lett "stumbled" someone right out of the truth with his stupidity. I bet Gee-hoe-va is soooo very proud of Lett for his fine shepharding over Jesus' earthly possesssions. Praise Lett! I mean....errr.......Gee-hoe-va. **GAG**

- Wing Commander

• scotoma
    scotoma

Some meanings of a pinkie ring:

"Wearing a ring on the little, or pinky, finger of the hand can have any one of a number of meanings, some of which are mutually contradictory. It may also have no other significance at all beyond the personal preference of the wearer.

Homosexuality
    In the 1950s through the 1970s, wearing a pinky ring was sometimes used as a covert sign of male homosexuality. Judy Grahn in her book "Another Mother Tongue" writes that in 1959, the year she came out, that rings worn on the pinky were known as a secret way to communicate homosexuality.

Engineers
    American and Canadian engineers sometimes wear a steel or iron ring to signify oath-bound membership in an engineering fellowship.

Signet Rings and Aristocracy
    The signet ring, a type of ring bearing a family crest and used to seal letters and mark other documents, was traditionally worn on the little finger. As a result, rings worn on the little finger became associated with aristocracy in general.

Organized Crime
    Members of organized crime are reputed to wear pinky rings as well. In more recent times, hip-hop artists with a "gangsta" style adopted pinky rings in imitation of their Italian-American counterparts.

Luck
    Some people believe that wearing a pinky ring can bring the wearer luck. Gamblers, in particular, are prone to sporting one."

Source:
    "Another Mother Tongue;" Judy Grahn; 1984

Order of the Engineer

The Iron Ring

"The New York Times;" Ba-Da-Bing! Thumbs Up for the Pinkie Ring; Jan. 23, 2000

My personal belief is that Letts pinkie ring is an old secret decoder ring he got in a Kracker Jack Box

when he was 7 years old. He believes it explains the scriptures to him.

Jehovah put him in his position to test his people.

Out of courtesy to him they shouldn't have a guy like that anywhere near a microphone. It is like poking fun of a hunchback.

• Calebs Airplane
  • sir82
    sir82

It just comes across as so condescending. Like he's talking to a troup of easily bored 3 year olds, and has to hold their attention by exaggerated mannerisms and stilted speech.

What I want to know is, how did he get through 30 or 40 years of "Theocratic Ministry School" "training" and still do this?

I mean, obviously, no one without a death wish would correct him now, but what about in the 70's when he was a nobody?

Or did he pick up the histrionics only after rising to CO level or above?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wing Commander: So here we have it from member Oubliette: Governing Body Lett "stumbled" someone right out of the truth with his stupidity.

You made me laugh! Thanks!!!

I suppose I should thank him for helping me to see TTATT.

- -

• minimus
    minimus

boy, does he suck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit