Bizarro world conclusion to the 2014 International Convention Public Bible Discourse

by rory-ks 24 Replies latest jw friends

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

It was entitled Earth's New Ruler - Who Really Qualifies? given by Brother Mark Neumeyer*, "who has been a full-time servant for nearly 35 years, and is a helper of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses." It was his second talk of the convention. Goodfellas gestures notwithstanding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqu1qgMxzqQ

* Your guess is as good as mine on that spelling.

• cha ching
    cha ching

"For a fact!"...... How many times have I heard that one?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ok here is a challenge for everyone here....

Watch those three mins of the pt conclusion, and write the 6 or 7 leading, false, manipulative statements in your reply!

I'll start:

* "we do not brainwash people"

etc.....

• ateograciasadios
    ateograciasadios

... these are the facts, and it proves that this World Government is a reality!

• Splash
    Splash

Is "earth's new ruler" future or current?

*** w71 1/15 p. 57 par. 22 Benefits That Accompany Faith in the Creator ***
    Earth’s new ruler will be the Lord Jesus Christ

*** g81 10/8 p. 10 The Pattern for Brotherhood ***
    He is now earth’s new ruler!

I guess 1975 happened in the meantime.

Splash.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

[2:40] "Because for a fact, the end of Satan's wicked rule is near. This is a reality."

Oh, now this is disappointing.

In the WT of Jan 1, 1997, pg 11, par 18 stated: "...the end of Satan’s system is very, very near!"

Now, it's only "near". NOT "very near". NOT "very very near". Just "near".

Seems like the chariot is moving backwards.

Doc

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If I went to a convention because I got an invitation, and I heard the speaker say "we do not brainwash people" I'd be gone like a bat out of hell. Why would they feel the need to insist that they don't brainwash people? For that to make it in there, there would have to at least have been a fair amount of accusation that they do. Absent of that, the only reason to put it in there is if they know they do, and they want to address it head-on.

I think that the 'public discourse' is always really for the JWs, more than the few worldlies that happen to show up. It just takes comes at them from another angle...an excuse to remind them how terrible it is to be clueless in the world and not understand why bad things happen to good people, etc. It further alienates the outside world and allows the org to paint its own (misleading) picture of what the world is like.

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

At the 1:35 mark: "We don't brainwash people, we're not salesmen . . . ."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Minds must be cleansed and made over, mental circuits formed by old-world thinking and acting faded out and new ones put in according to new-world specifications. By privately studying regularly, by attending all meetings regularly, and by engaging in all features of the preaching work regularly mental circuits are deepened and such good activities become habitual, not at all the struggle they are when the mental circuits are weak and faint because used only occasionally. For ourselves and for others, make them strong!—1 Tim. 4:16." Watchtower June 1, 1953

“Why be tricked by crafty men into adopting their thoughts, especially when those men have themselves been snared by Satan and pumped full of his poisonous subtleties and like ventriloquists' dummies chatter them out under his unseen direction? Why allow yourself to be brainwashed by dupes oblivious to their own mental bondage? The brains of millions need a washing, but not with the political or religious propagandas of this system of things under Satan. Rather, everyone needs regular cleansings ‘with the bath of water by means of the word’ of Jehovah God, to get his thoughts instead of man's or Satan's." Watchtower June 15, 1956 p. 360

"Consider some of the other "twisted things" used to mislead God's people today. On occasion opposers will question the various teachings that Jehovah's people hold in common. . . . They may also question the need for an organization to direct the minds of God's people. Their view is, God's spirit can direct individuals without some central, organized body of men giving direction." Watchtower March 1, 1983

• Splash
    Splash

DesirousOfChange Oh, now this is disappointing.

Inspired by DoC's comment:

THE END IS "VERY VERY" NEAR

w69 2/1 p. 92 They Feel the Urgency
    “The end of this system of things is very, very close, and we all know it!”

w77 4/1 p. 198 par. 5 How Can You Find Real Security?
    evidence from fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that we are very, very late in the “last days” of this present wicked system of things.

w81 12/15 pp. 28-29 Active Christians in a Critical Time
    what indications do we have that it is going to terminate very, very soon?

w97 1/1 p. 11 par. 18 Let All Glorify Jehovah!
    ...the end of Satan’s system is very, very near!

w98 8/15 p. 24 Living and Preaching in the Shadow of a Volcano
    Though no one knows exactly when that end will come, there is no doubt that it is coming and that it is very, very close.

Splash

• Vindico
    Vindico

I only made it to 27 seconds, sorry I can't seem to take much of this crap any more for some reason.

I use to anilyze and postulate but no mow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit