Am I a bad person for wishing this??

by quellycatface 26 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I have suffered with menopausal symptoms for a few years now. Hot flushes and facial sweating, the most noticeable to others.

A sister I knew used to laugh and pretty much, mock me. I used to say "you wait till you get them" , without being nasty.

I seriously hope she suffers. It will teach her humility!!!!

The cow.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Too bad many people do not have empathy for what others go through. Often it take a major change in their own life to see how others feel.

I look back at all my JW years (over 45 of them) and find that my new non JW friends are far more understanding and loyal.

Hard for me to think of them ever mlocking me or throwing me under the bus.

Life is good now... very good

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

How old are you ? You sound like you are about 12 years old.

When you are going through a life change or a life threatening

illness, such as cancer, or in this case, untreated menopause,

(there are things your doctor can give you) as an example,

no one really understands except someone who has already

gone through the same thing. People have far more serious

medical conditions believe me, this will pass, get some medical

solutions for symptoms. May be the answer is to stop associating

with JW's completely and find new friends.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Bravo villagegirl

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Completey normal. A listed symptom of menapuase is 'childish acts'.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Villagegirl, this was last year. I am DA'd now.

I used to feel very embarrassed about my facial sweating. I am taking Black Cohosh now. Cut it down alot.

I just don't think there was ANY need to mention it to me even. My friends don't. She was married to a guy 13 yrs older than her and I have a younger husband. You work it out.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Why would you be a bad person? Do not define yourself as good or bad.

If I were you "kill with kindness"

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

My wife is experiencing the same effects. (despite looking many years younger than she really is) Thankfully, she doesn't have any ridiculers in the congregation.

Anyone (especially female) who belittles such symptoms deserves pity - they are lacking in sincere human emotions like compassion, empathy, & love for other people. Their personal lives must be miserable!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Some of the least sympathetic people are other women who have had the good fortune to have it easy in the female problem department. They assume you are malingering.

They have never had menstrual cramps that put you in bed, excessive bleeding that keeps you near a bathroom, difficulty getting pregnant, a difficult pregnancy that has you in and out of the hospital, postpartum depression, excessive sweating, insomnia or have been unable to tolerate menopausal treatments.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Grreat Teacher, I was so poorly (with excessive bleeding, sorry guys) when I was in Egypt in January, my Mum contacted the Hotel Manager for help. He contacted a local pharmacy who issued some medication (which I'd taken before) to control the problem.

Peri-Menopause is NOT for wimps.

I may have to have endometerial ablation - where they laser the lining of the uterus. Deep joy.

Thanks for being there, you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit