Visit from JW relatives..

by NVR2L8 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

That was painful to read. I can't imagine what it would be like to live it. I like the silence idea every time conversation strays theocratic.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Men! Just go dutch and stop wagging your willies over the stupid breakfast check!

(BTW, let him pay next time-maybe he will get DF'd and then see the hypocrisy of it all!)

• steve2
    steve2

Do the thick-as-bricks Witnesses interpret silence as agreement? Just wondering.... they are not collectively very astute "readers" of others' reactions...Back bone development may be necessary (i.e., say "No thank you" and mean it).

• jgnat
    jgnat

Would humour deflate, as in, "*chuckle* were you just trying to preach to me there?"

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Hey Steve... I have never had issues telling people to f..off. My wife is still in so I choose to keep the peace over confrontation even if I have to put up with her JW family (or mine) who all live 300 miles away. What's a little restreint for a week or two a year. And by the way if you read my post correctly you may understand that I challenge their beliefs in a manner that may get them thinking rather than completely shutting them out.

Thanks Blondie for the references. I would show them but like most JW they prefer staying abreast of the new light of the day and the local gossip.

• Perry
    Perry

he replied that Jehovah reads the heart and that he would not destroy those who were not presented the message...so I said why do we preach if the people who never hear the message have a better chance of survival? His reply was that we have to start teaching some of them now because who is going to teach the resurrected ones during the milenium?

You are so right. WT reasoning is so anti-biblical. If people can escape judgment by simply not hearing the WT message, then we were really doing a disservice to people, securing their condemnation when they declined out literature.

Also, if we can get a "clean slate" just by dying, like a lot of JW's believe, shouldn't we all be seeking to die before Aramgeddon to secure our salvation?

Likewise, if we don't need Jesus to be our Mediator, why did he die for Adam?

The simple biblical answer is "that it is appointed for man once to die, and then judgment - Heb 11:27 Jesus however stands in the place of the believer and takes the death penalty in his place by means of the legally recognized New Covenant.

That such a simple legal maneuver by God could be made so hidden to "Christians" is amazing to say the least.

• steve2
    steve2

Good one NVR2LT. There's a fine line between maintaining friendly ties and telling them to f off. Sometimes we put up with something in the short term because we're targetting something of greater worth in the longer term.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At one point of the conversation he said his poor education didn't allow him to debate or reason with me and that it was easier for him to follow the lead of the loving brothers in the congregation.

WHAT A BULLSHIT COP OUT!

Tell him that he has the obligation to make himself "equipped for every good work". Quit being LAZY and blindly following anyone. Get off his ass and learn how to defend his faith.

What a loser.

Doc

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

At least you had a civil conversation with this jw, a two way one at that. The door is still open. That's a hard thing to accomplish. Well done.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

At one point of the conversation he said his poor education didn't allow him to debate or reason with me and that it was easier for him to follow the lead of the loving brothers in the congregation. NVR2l8

So he admits he lacks education ?

But does not connect this with the WT organization

telling him not to educate himself ?

He would rather turn his mind over and be programmed ?

He considers himself incapable of reason ?

What have they done to this poor bastard ?

Unbelievable. Its about fear !! Fear and shame.

They have destroyed the man.

Follow the lead ? Loving ? Holy cow.

There needs to be a 16 page dumbed down version

of Crisis of Conscience for these poor slobs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit