"Are you a progressive thinker"

by Pistoff 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If you are a progressive thinker, so went the reasoning, you will accept all of the adjustments coming from the 'faithful and discreet slave'.

No, I disagree. I don't want to argue, but this is so disagreeable that I think I will go vomit.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Its just.....its brilliant.

Are you a progressive thinker? (clearly this is presented as a good thing)

(It is then defined) Then we will accept the changes in understanding and direction from the slave.

So they have essentially saud YOU stop holding onto YOUR old beliefs and become PROGRESSIVE by switching to the new ones handed to you.

Its hilarious!!!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Terrific. I facepalmed and lol'd.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"Are you a progressive thinker"

The speaker was obviously trying imply that a good JWS eats up the food of information quickly from the FDSL

Most religious organizations are non-progressive in the manner of MODERN progressive thinking.

Organizations like the JWS are involved in emulating the social moral standards of a civilization that existed 3000 years ago (Hebrews), not

exactly what be considered modern progressive thinking.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow...just wow...oh man...

its just seriously amazing that they dont see just how stupid that is!

Its a leading statement designed to only allow one answer...like this:

"of course as an intellectual person, you would no doubt agree with the fact that (insert whatever comment you like...eg elephants fly)..."

• pbrow
    pbrow

This is the exact reason why the wife says the dubs have an excellent marketing department. Just when you think things cant get any wierder you have dubs running around calling themselves progressive thinkers!

pbrow

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

@NewyorkM44: You would have been the only one, the rest apparently just ate it up

@problemaddict: Yes, a 'progressive thinker' defined by the WT, the exact opposite of the common view

@Dazed: I have long been afraid that I would just erupt into a stream of profanity at hearing this kind of dreck from the stage

@Finkekstein: Yep, progressive thinkers hang onto the prejudices of desert tribes (no tattoos, etc)

@pbrow: Marketing to those who are already in and hypotnized, maybe; the average person would laugh at the idea that going along with what eight seven men in Brooklyn have to say means you are a progressive 'thinker'

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Incredible piece of spin - only the WBTS could have the gumption to twist logic to come up with this

• pixel
    pixel

They really mean unprogressive thinker. It's a cult.

• rjharris
    rjharris

ALL religious organization does this; this is not something owned by the WTBTS.

I am a former JW of over 30 years by disassociation and I "quietly" left the organization because my faculty of reasoning, thinking and concluding matters for myself was under assault. An organization wanted me completely dependent upon it to think and conclude for me. In other words, it did not want me to ask questions or put it to the test per 1 John 4:1. It was OK to test everyone else per 1 John 4:1, but not the Watch Tower. I found this extremely hypocritical.

If the truth is being taught - I reason - then questions, challenges, and investigation should be encouraged, not suppressed.

Many persons copout by calling the WT organization a cult. They are no more a cult than any other religious organization. The root word for cult is culture. That said, all of Christianity is a "culture" (way of doing and believing things) or a cult.

The primary problem today is that ALL religious organization is into "power and control" over those it ensnares into themselves. Members are not really disciples of Christ as Christ commanded them to be, they are disciples of the "religious organization" that they belong to. (John 8:31-32 and Matthew 28:20)

They are marked by virtue of the names they have have adopted.

Disciples of Christ are to be married, "membered" or attached to Christ himself, not to man-made religious organizations and their fancy and divisive titles.

When a woman marries, she adopts the surname of her husband. This marks or identifies her as his wife, he her head. (1 Cor 11:3)

Yet, most claiming to follow Christ and membered to him take upon themselves foreign names that is not of him. Christ did not tell his disciples to become Christians, Mormons, JWs, Seventh Day Adventist, Catholics, Methodist, etc. He told us simply to be his "disciples." Nothing more, nothing less.

Yet, when one takes upon themselves a name other than "disciples" they become adulterers with relation to Christ because they bear the name of another. Thus, one calling themselves a JW, a Christian, a Seventh Day Adventist - for example - are publically and before the heavenly host identifying or marking who their "true husband" is: The religious organization.

Jesus said at Matthew 12:39:

"A wicked and adulterous generation keeps on seeking for a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Jo′nah the prophet."

The entire world today is in an adulterous state. All of Christianity is in this state because it insists on affixing to itself man-made titles that did not come from God and Christ. They essentially are "membered" to something or someone else: Religious organization.

When the organization says "think and believe this way" the membership does so blindly. Thus, it is the organization that is dictating and directing and insisting on being followed. We are supposed to follow Christ and listen to him. (Luke 9:35)

What many do not want to see is that an organization has inserted itself in between mankind and Christ and has usurped his role as Head. (1 Cor 11:3)

If an organization has imposed itself in between man and Christ, it is blocking access to Christs teachings, which are truth. If access to Christ is blocked, so is access to the Father.

Jesus said that he is the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father but by him. (John 14:6)

If you listen very carefully to the WTBTS and what it actually practices, it is is saying that "it" is the way, the truth, and the life and that no one comes to the Father (Jehovah) but by them.

If you are a JW, go back and re-read the baptismal vow you took (part two of it). The vow is found in the June 1,1985 Watchtower magazine, page 30:

"Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?"

Notice that you are not a worshiper of God unless you are associated with "the organization."

Thus, the organization has made itself "the way" to the Father."

The WTBTS already says that those within her are "in the truth." So, it makes itself "The Truth."

The WTBTS also says that those within her are in a spiritual paradise. This is a life. Thus, it says that it is The Life.

This entity has made itself all of the things Jesus [the] Christ says that he is.

No wonder it insists on being obeyed, it has made itself Lord. It wieds power of expulsion (disfellowshipment) to any who do not obey it and who do not adhere to its many burdensome rules and regulations.

Few see this.

Few really follow the "person" of Christ. They insist on joining religious organizations or the "concept" sold and taught by religious organization.

R. Jerome Harris
    e-prophetic.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit