Is their any evidence/proof that the G.B.enjoy first class flights accomodation in their travels ?

by smiddy 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

In countries that don't have a branch though where do they stay? AHHHHHH perhaps that's the reason for the purchases of these small facilities that seem to be happening all over. There was a post about this FAA compound the WT bought in FL, I think it only has 20 to 40 rooms, but park like setting, pools, cafeteria, etc. Maybe they are buying up their own private hotels all over the world. So they can go to any of the worlds top destinations and stay in a hotel resort like setting complete with pawns to cook, dine, clean their clothes, drive them, shine their shoes, etc.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"What's to be gained from sticking to economy class?" - Well the savings of $1,000 + per ticket equate to about 10 months salary of what they paid bethelites. They paid as low as possible and as cheap as possible for everybody who worked more than fulltime so everybody in Bethel worked as hard but probably much harder than the GB, so what gives the GB the right to do everything first class and stick it to everybody else?

That would be the reason.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Steve2 makes a good point, there is no "den of iniquity" (inequity maybe) or over indulgence here. The focus should be on the harmful arbitrary policies and the huge money grab.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I can tell you at the international convention in indianapolis that mark Sanderson stayed at the hotel directly across the street from the venue. What type of room it was I couldn't tell you. This particular hotel gave watchtower rates but was not included on the list as the rooms they had were reserved for important individuals such as GB member, bethel speakers, and senior administration personnel overseeing the convention.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

fulano wrote: "They stay at branches not in hotels."

But with over 38 branch closures worldwide in the last 5 years alone, where are they going to sleep? Of course they're going to put them up in a hotel (at the congregation's expense of course).

• fulano
    fulano

@Sloppyjoe...Does Indianapolis have a branch?

@Calebs, if there's nothing else, ok than a hotel, what's the point? You want them to sleep under the bridge?

• fulano
    fulano

@ Endofmysteries... What are fancy cars? Please, a Buick or a Chevrolet? That's what most branches have Max. A Roller, a Bentley that's different cook.

Where I served the most luxurieus car was a Ford clubwagon diesel, and that was used to Collect Losch when he visited our branch.

Everyone who served at Patterson must agree with me they have never ever seen a GB member in the pool.

I don't know what you gain on this forum telling unbased stories and even lies. I am not a witness anymore but don't agree with this, it seems you never stayed in a hotel or driven a Chevy, pathetic.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

fulano... yes, that's exactly what I was implying... they should sleep under a bridge... you must be a mind reader...

• Quendi
    Quendi

I remember hearing a story of how the actor Richard Burton once enjoyed a conversation on a flight with Nathan Knorr. I can only presume that took place in first class as I can't imagine Burton flying coach anywhere. And to be fair to JW VIPs, if I'm flying overseas from New York I wouldn't fly coach with little head or leg room. At the very least I would prefer flying for many hours in some comfort. As for room accommodations, I would think that VIPs would stay in one of the WTS-listed hotels for conventions. For special assembly days, kingdom hall dedications and other such events, my understanding was that they would stay in private homes of local Witnesses. That was certainly the case when Milton Henschel came to Boulder, Colorado to give the dedication talk for the kingdom hall there some twenty years ago.

As steve2 and JustVisiting put it, the focus should be on this pernicious cult's life-destroying theology and policies. Let's not strain out the gnat and gulp down the camel. That doesn't mean this thread is of no interest but only that if and when this cult's leaders ever face a day of reckoning, their travel and accommodation arrangements will be among the last items ever examined.

Quendi

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I can't imagine a hard-drinking, hard-fornicating individual like Richard Burton actually "enjoying" a conversation with a cyborg like Knorr....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit