Demons - Possession - Dreams & Witnesses

by objectivetruth 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Truth_b - Thats very interesting about the study that your dad did, do you know if he did it independently or was it sanctioned in some way by the Watchtower? it seems that the WT was fully aware of the study either way. Do you know any more info on the situation or the report itself?

Biblewascreated - Good info on REM sleep and the effects on the mind. I personally believe in Fallen Angels, but in order for Demons to infiltrate dreams would imply, that they had the power to Read Minds.. UNLESS the person is already Posessed I suppose.

I believe that the Demon stories can be compared to the Stories, where people claim to have their prayers answered.. "I prayed for a new computer so that I could find a job working from home, and then I received a gift of $1250.00 THE EXACT AMOUNT that I needed, in order to buy the the newest Mac Book.. God answered my prayers!" Certain congregations and cultures are more infatuated with Demons, and it becomes a Confirmation Culture. "Sister-Jones said that a Demon was hiding in her closet, moving around her dresses.. Sure enough when I came home from meeting my clothes too were re- arranged."

So you have 4 factors at play :

1. MENTALLY Ill people are drawn to Cult Like Organizations.

2. Cult Like Organizations turn Mengally Stable people, into Mentally I'll people.

3. Fear Mongering in the Publications about Demons.

4. Confirmation Bias Influenced by the Groups Mentality.

There is another factor at play though, i speculate.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have always been a skeptic about such stories, even when I was in, although I treated such issues with care...just in case! (When a "study" who had claimed a lot of such things and dabbled in the occult gave me a gift, I would not have in the house. You cannot be too careful - I reasoned)

Since I, and my wife, have never really believed, we have never had any demon attacks. I have heard plenty of stories from those, in the Borg, who have had "problems" but it has always been the ones with emotional issues that have them, even other mental illnesses

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

NeonMadman - Thanks for your input, you said some things that Support my speculation.

"In fact, if the demons are attacking JWs in these ways, they're pretty stupid. My experience as a JW was that people who claimed to have had these experiences of demon attack almost always drew closer to the organization in an effort to counter the attacks."

In my opinion The Jehovah's Witness Religion, is "The Image of the Beast" (Part of Babylon the Great). If you believe in Satan & Demons think about this, or if you're an Unbeliever, play "Devils Advocate" For me please.

Satan wants individuals to Stay in Babylon the Great and False Religion, it is much easier to Propagate lies, and deceive people that are members of False Religion.. With the Phenomenon of People Drawing closer to The Organization as a result of Satanic Attacks, (Real or Perceived) doesn't this perfectly serve Satan's Purpose?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

I have been reading some First Century Christian Writings, lately and one Book In Particular has really made me re-think certain things. The book is "The Clementine Homilies" http://biblehub.com/library/unknown/the_clementine_homilies/index.html (Clement was allegedly a Disciple of Peter)

A chapter entitled "The Law to the Giants or Demoms" has some interesting info..

Clement Claims that the Below is the Law that was. Given to the Fallen angels agpfter the Flood :

"These things seem good to the all-seeing God, that you lord it over no man; that you trouble no one, unless any one of his own accord subject himself to you, worshipping you, and sacrificing and pouring libations, and partaking of your table, or accomplishing aught else that they ought not, or shedding blood, or tasting dead flesh, or filling themselves with that which is torn of beasts, or that which is cut, or that which is strangled, or aught else that is unclean. But those who betake themselves to my law, you not only shall not touch, but shall also do honour to, and shall flee from, their presence. For whatsoever shall please them, being just, respecting you, that you shall be constrained to suffer. But if any of those who worship me go astray, either committing adultery, or practising magic, or living impurely, or doing any other of the things which are not well-pleasing to me, then they will have to suffer something at your hands or those of others, according to my order. But upon them, when they repent, I, judging of their repentance, whether it be worthy of pardon or not, shall give sentence. These things, therefore, ye ought to remember and to do, well knowing that not even your thoughts shall be able to be concealed from Him."

- I can't vouch for the Accuracy if this Information, but in Considering the Bible and The Narratives of Demons, this certainly makes sense.

Crazyguy said : " in the past gods people were protected by serving god, so the fact that the JW's reject Jesus blood and reject the new covenant, and do not for the most part listen to Jesus."

Many Jehovah's Witnesses do not Commit Adultery or practce magic, however they certainly do not Follow Gods Laws, or Follow the Examples Jesus Laid out, and fulfill the requirements laid out above, that would force fallen angels to flee from them.

• apostrate
    apostrate

In my opinion...

There are many gullible people in the world, JW's as well as non-JW's. When a person becomes a JW they are told all about the reality of demons. Many unexplained incidents in their lives suddenly become explained, ah-hah, it must have been a demon!!

Even stupid things suddenly become attributed to demons! The "brother" who studied with me told of this incident:

He told me that he had a personal experience with a demon. I asked him to tell me about it. He told me that he was in a room one night, when all of a sudden the room became cold! He looked towards the window and the curtains suddenly raised themselves up into the air.

He stopped. I asked him to go on. He said "That's it".

Okay, I didn't press it any further but I thought maybe the window was open and the wind blew the curtains upwards?

If that was a TRUE demon story, then all I can say is demons must have a lot of free time on their hands! That was one of the lamest horror stories that I had ever heard. But, I'm telling you, I knew this guy, and he was being dead serious!

Can you imagine any self-respecting demon going back to HELL and reporting to Satan what he had just done??? That's just the kind of behavior that would get one expelled from HELL!! Then where would they go??

Anyway, it's just as "objectivetruth" observed, this kind of nonsense is just what the Society fosters in order to keep the dubs clinging closer to them.

Check out the movie "The Village" from 2004 starrring Sigourney Weaver and Joaquin Phoenix, it's all laid out in there!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've written how terrorized my sister and I by the Witness teachings about demons. Our overseer was British. The British seem to love spooks more than Americans do. I had no clue what a demon looked like. People said Mick Jagger. I was so close to him and detected no demons. Did I ever believe in demons? No. My mom was emphatic that they did not exist and to ignore what was in the WT or KH. I still sleep with lights on.

A black friend told me that she was taught about demons. There is no fear, though, because the mere mention of Jesus name rebukes them. C.S. Lewis' reasoning is similar. He believes Christians should mock demons and Satan. The WT kept telling demon stories. When it reported that a demon tried to get into bed with a Witness sister, I said too much. The mattress kept tilting. Sexual repression.

Many immigrant cultures acknowledge the presence of demons. You see a priestess for protection.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Truth_b - Thats very interesting about the study that your dad did, do you know if he did it independently or was it sanctioned in some way by the Watchtower? it seems that the WT was fully aware of the study either way. Do you know any more info on the situation or the report itself?

Biblewascreated - Good info on REM sleep and the effects on the mind. I personally believe in Fallen Angels, but in order for Demons to infiltrate dreams would imply, that they had the power to Read Minds.. UNLESS the person is already Posessed I suppose.

I believe that the Demon stories can be compared to the Stories, where people claim to have their prayers answered.. "I prayed for a new computer so that I could find a job working from home, and then I received a gift of $1250.00 THE EXACT AMOUNT that I needed, in order to buy the the newest Mac Book.. God answered my prayers!" Certain congregations and cultures are more infatuated with Demons, and it becomes a Confirmation Culture. "Sister-Jones said that a Demon was hiding in her closet, moving around her dresses.. Sure enough when I came home from meeting my clothes too were re- arranged."

So you have 4 factors at play :

1. MENTALLY Ill people are drawn to Cult Like Organizations.

2. Cult Like Organizations turn Mengally Stable people, into Mentally I'll people.

3. Fear Mongering in the Publications about Demons.

4. Confirmation Bias Influenced by Group Consensus.

There is another factor at okay though, Possibly.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Apostrate - What do you attribute that brothers experience to? It's weird because that experience sounds like something the brother would have seen in a "Demon Movie" trailer on TV or something.. It's really a weird situation when completely sane people, have these types of stories.. Perhaps it's the same as Christians receiving Visions From God.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Never had any such experiences but have known some JWs that claim they have.

On the whole I think JWs are more superstitious than they will admit.

The whole demon thing sits well with their confirmation bias to make them more able to believe their belief system is right. I think it is just some form of mystical manipulation on the part of the wbt$ to control the rank and file and keep the money rolling in.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Objectivetruth:

i do not have specifics for you. Only speculation. My father professes to be of the anointed and was an uber elder in the circuit/district back in the 70s and 80s. He often communiticated with the WTB&TS.

I often noticed that those in the congregations I belonged to who complained of demonic attack just happened to be on psych meds or stated they used to take them, which means they should still be taking them.

These "demonic" experiences always came in the form of hearing or seeing things only they witnessed. I remember one family where the husband, wife and one of their three daughters were all mentally ill and when they were off there meds it was a living hell for the elders. I remember another sister who saw vans that followed her around. The couple who studied with her convinced her it was demons and that psych meds were poison. She turned into one of those hoarder cat ladies who washed everything in salt ( not salt water, but pure table salt) to wash out the demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit