Meditation linked to increased age, health, and smarts?

by EndofMysteries 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I feel that formal meditation is not for everyone. But, rather, that meditation can be found in listening to music, playing an instrument, knitting, lying on a beach reading a book, working out or running or climbing. The mind can enter a phase of focus or non-focus, depending on you and your needs.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Music is very good for bringing one to attention and should be used because it is proven to cause the brain to fire all over the place according to MRI scans while listening and even a full brain work out if one is playing an instrument making music. Hey I bet one could even have a mystical experience while listen to music deeply or out of the body experience((like watching your self play but feel someone else is play(or possesed by an architype)if you will)) while playing one's favorite tune if the conditions are right.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I feel that formal meditation is not for everyone. But, rather, that meditation can be found in listening to music, playing an instrument, knitting, lying on a beach reading a book, working out or running or climbing. The mind can enter a phase of focus or non-focus, depending on you and your needs.

It's true, any hobby you do that is deeply engrossing to you can give you some of the benefits of meditation. But I find if I really want to get into a deep meditation, which is where I see the biggest improvement, I need to do do at least some the real deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit