What Specifically Are the "Sins" Due to Imperfection that We Commit Each Day ?

by RubaDub 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As JW's we are constantly reminded that we sin each day due to imperfection. But when bringing up the specifics, I have never gotten a good answer.

Several times I have even mentioned to others of my getting up on a Sunday morning, reading the daily text, studying the Watchtower for the afternoon meeting, driving to the meeting (under the speed limit), answering at the meeting, (not using more than one towel in the restroom), going out in service later in the afternoon, coming home, having dinner, and then in the evening preparing for a part for the ministry school.

I didn't recall scheming in my heart about doing something bad or anything like that.

So, specifically, where does the "sin" come in? And if what I did was sinful, how can I improve on it? And what specifically am I asking for forgiveness in a prayer for what I did? Is just being alive actually committing a sin?

Sorry about so many questions but this has always bugged me and never heard a good answer from anyone. It's always just a very general response without any specifics.

Rub a Dub

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

You probably sin in thought all the time. Especially being male, you probably glanced at a girl's cleavage or had a fleeting impure thought. Nothing like thought-crime straight from 1984 to make people feel guilty. If you can't think of anything you did wrong in the last 5 minutes, then your sin is a lack of humility. Or, you probably walked past someone on the street and didn't have enough leaflets to give them one. There's always more you could be doing in the work of the lord, and not doing so is a sin. Remember, jesus went and talked to people even when he was sleep deprived, you probably didn't get up early enough to spend a full 2 hours in service before the sun rose.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Being alive..

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Well, you see, Jehovahâ„¢ has such hatred toward his own human creation (made in his image, no less) that the mere act of breathing, blinking or sneezing is offensive to Him. As an outlet for all His dismal failures (the creation of human beings foremost) Jehovahâ„¢ has no recourse other than to declare everything a sin, therefore justifying whatever punishment he feels like doling out.

• Vidiot
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

RubaDub - "What specifically are the 'sins' due to imperfection that we commit each day?"

I dunno.

What do you got?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I dunno. What do you got?

Vidiot ...

I understand the "inherited sin" part where our genes are messed up and we cannot be perfect. Got it.

Maybe when you are born and drop a load in your diapers it confirms you are sinful. I guess a perfect child enters the world potty-trained.

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I was being facetious (and partially quoting Marlon Brando in Rebel without a Cause, when asked "what are you rebelling against?").

As far as rabid fundies are concerned, "if you're happy and you know it, it's a sin".

• sir82
    sir82

Marlon Brando in Rebel without a Cause

The Wild One

Sir82 of the Pedantic Class

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Thought crime.

See a well endowed hottie at the meeting and wish you could motorboat her ta-tas?

Think to yourself that Elder Johnson is a real dick?

Evil sinner.

Its all part of controlling the thoughts of a JW. Cult 101.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit