Been asked to share my experience at church!!

by quellycatface 26 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe you could highlight how JW`s have strayed from bible based christianity , their emphasising being witnesses of Jehovah whereas the Christian Scriptures emphasise witnessing about Jesus , nowhere are they instructed to witness about jehovah.

Isaiah 43:10-12 is quoted by JW`s as authourity to call themselves Jehovahs Witnesses , this was way back in Isaiahs day , did the Israelites then identify themselves as jehovahs witnesses ?, no of course not. In the christian greek scriptures it is stated that by " divine decree followers of Christ were to be called Christians , not jehovahs witnesses.

And dont forget the name Jehovah was an invention by a catholic monk Raymundus Martinus in the thirteenth century A.D. from the tetragrammaton`s four consonants more correctly known as YHWH and incorrectly designated as JHVH the latinized version .

smiddy

• designs
    designs

smiddy- Just how Biblical do you think the name "Jesus" is....

• Laika
    Laika

When I talk to christians about JWs I tend to say the problem is not that they don't love god, they're actually very sincere in this respect, it's that they don't really believe god loves them, so it's important to share that.

• designs
    designs

I think many JWs do think god loves them, I did when I was a JW. Its was the GB who threw cold water on life's joys.

• smiddy
    smiddy

smiddy- Just how Biblical do you think the name "Jesus" is....

designs , I dont think the name Jesus is biblical , its not.

We live in a multi-cultural world , why cant we pronounce peoples names in their original language , why do we have to anglicize them.

just saying.

smiddy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had a problem with my midtown church. The receptionist was very rude to me. I was going to diss the church to their competitor church and Elizabeth Arden. My ankle froze, however. I entered the first taxi to visit the bishop. Tears were pouring down my face. I did not want him worrying if a hatchet murderer was in his taxi. When I told him, he told me I was not the first person crying in the taxi. He told me I was going to a good place. I spoke with the bishop's aide. I wanted to emphasize how the JW culture and the Episcopal Church are different. I had to learn four or five words for architecture in the church. He said he knew that it could not be easy for me. I was laughing and crying.

You should do well. How long is the talk? I have yet to meet an outsider who understands the Witnesses.

• Mum
    Mum

Tell them to be kind to the dubs at the door. Being unkind feeds their persecution complex and makes them more certain that they're right. I remember so many people who were kind to me; some even gave me a drink of water or tea. I am grateful to those wonderful "worldly" people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit