Been asked to share my experience at church!!

by quellycatface 26 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Yes. Wow!!!

My vicar asked me if I and another lady would like to say a few words about our faith journey.

She said my story was a particular powerful one, what with the DA'ing and subsequent shunning. I can also choose a hymn or christian song.

I was thinking of Romans 8:38, 39 to highlight the shunning and the other scripture ne of how true Christians will be indentified, if they have love among themselves etc. I need to look that one up exactly.

Any ideas for content for further content??

• Laika
    Laika

Romans 8 is a great choice!

I did something similar before my baptism and used Luke 15.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good o. I gave a short sermon in church when I believed. I quoted that scripture in Genesis something or other about Abraham was told to 'go to a land I have shown you' and I said that was god telling me to go to the Baptist church. Don't tell anyone I said that though

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Good for you quelly. Both Reopened Mind and me have given our story to our congregation. Most was very surprise to find out that the Wt. was a cult. You will teach them many things. Good luck to you. Still Totally ADD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How about Luke 21:8, and a big shout out to JWfacts.com for the congregation?

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would want to stress that your fellow Christians should feel sorry for JW's that call on their door.

The poor JW is mind-controlled, and is trapped by that in a High Control group, the poor JW sap has no concept of "The Glorious Freedom of the Sons of God" to steal a phrase from one of Freddie Franz's books.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Mt 22:34-40 The Greatest Commandment

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ [c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ [d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

and

Acts 17:11 - Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

How about talking about critically thinking for yourself was encouraged by Jesus Christ and Paul? As shown in Mt 22:34-40, Jesus Christ promoted unconditional love and did not promote blindly following religious leaders. If a religious leader discourages questioning his/her interpretations of the Bible, it is time to stop following that guide.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

I approcah them in the street not the other way round and share the love of Christ. Thats it i never throw their teachings in their face. I talk about Christ who lives in all beleivers and cannot be found in anything made with human hands or with bricks and ,mortar. We always have great discussion, i think i have appraoched about 6 altogether

• snakeface
    snakeface

That's wonderful! I recently joined a church and they see my "conversion" as a victory for Christ, a soul being saved from false religion - a mind-controlling cult. Several of the people there have told me I am an "encouragement" to them.

• Perry
    Perry

The church is an army waiting for leadership about how to approach JW's. They are a mystery to them. Thank you for your decision to share your testimony. Ever since I gave mine at my church, I get approached all the time asking for advice on how to talk to JW neighbors, co-workers, door knockers etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit