How do you feel when you see the Witnesses in the door to door work? Angry, Sad, or dumbfounded?

by John Aquila 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I’m here sitting and listening to YouTube video songs and practicing on my guitar and checking out posts on JWN.

And one more thing, I’m seeing the Spanish JWS going door to door in my street. They work my street every single week. Last I heard there are between 80-120 Spanish Congregations in this City and the one that borders it. Today I saw some newbies - young Spanish girls still in their 20s. Wow are they gorgeous. In the same street are several middle age men in their late 30s and 40s that I knew and are drooling over these sisters. They always skip my place. I keep the fence locked and most of them know I am a witness.

I feel sorry for those beautiful young girls wasting their youth hoping one of those middle age men with a pot belly and just enough hair for a comb-over ---------will show them some interest.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Surprised
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I'm in a French area with lots of former Catholics that have church baggage and culture and I do find that it creeps into the congregations. Anyhow I feel that that many of them are way more open and zealous for the WT's indoctrination than their Anglophone counterparts. Having tried it out for a couple years and failing miserably I find that hey have more 'rules' and are overly regimented, just not my cup of tea. There are some great people in there for sure, just that that are mislead by the overzealous leadership and the culture.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Lol i usally just feel annoyed, like any other person they bother. I often know the person (i dont live in my congregations territory) and wonder why they knocked when they knew it was my house... "Oh i just wanted to say hi" (translation: i know you wont slam a door on me) etc etc...
  • Ding
    Ding
    Sad.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I don't feel much of anything. Sometimes I want to talk to them but I decide to do otherwise.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve been out a long time..I went through stages..

1)..Anxious..Don`t answer the door..

2)..Pissed Off..Don`t answer the door..

3)..Pissed Off..Answer the door..

4)..Confrontational..Answer the door..

5)..Don`t care..Have some fun with them at the door..

That`s the best stage..LOL!!..You can mess with their head..

..................THEY LEAVE WONDERING..

.......Image result for What the fuck just happened

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its sad when I see anyone in a high controlling man made cult.

Particularly when I see kids.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

After having been sucker punched by the previously unrecognized high WT indoctrination of my husband, I have grown to feel high emotions when seeing them. I mix between wanting to confront ( Which I KNOW should NOT do) and just telling them to put us on the "do not call list" ( which I have done and no visits since as far as I know). I also feel sadness, pity even.

In the past when I was ignorant about the WT, ( and before being married to my current JW raised husband) I would almost always open the door and allow them to talk. Sometimes I would feel intruded upon and not open the door. An unannounced ANYONE is rather rude in my opinion. Sometimes I was too nice and they returned. I never let them in, nor did I ever agree to any type of study.

In the past years they have very rarely been out in my area. I have seen more Mormons, and that I can count on one hand. In fact I can say that for at least 4 years I have not seen any out D2d, here, nor when I drive anywhere. ( exception of three years ago when they handed me the memorial invitation, and I told them in a rather too stern voice (high emotions) that we are on the do not call list.)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Primarily, I feel cynical.

The "pioneer shuffle" walk of the JWs gives them away long before they even get to open their book bags. Additionally, their body language speaks volumes about their general level of interest in the task at hand:

- just watch the reluctant way in which most of them edge towards somebody's front door, in a manner suggesting they would rather nobody answer it.

This general aura of reluctance always reminds me of a person on their way to a dentist's appointment!

Bill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit